PDA

View Full Version : Combo Page problem...

automatic
04-22-2004, 05:56 PM
Okay, I downloaded the Pure tileset. According to Wild Bill it has "3 combo pages of overworld tiles, 4 dungeon sets..." etc.

When I go to Tools-Combo Page, and select a different page, nothing happens. The combo page doesn't change. Am I doing something wrong?

BTW, I'm using 1.92 beta 183, and I downloaded the tileset from PureZC: http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=tilesets&id=18

Freedom
04-22-2004, 06:58 PM
best way is to make a copy of the quest and use it for your new quest after deleting the maps.

there are 3 ways to view combos, click on etc and click an x in mouse scroll to scroll down the combos to the right of the screen.

hold on shift and press page down on your keyboard

go into graphics>combos and view whole pages by pressing page down.

hope that's what you meant :)

automatic
04-23-2004, 11:46 AM
Nope! What I mean is, I open up PureTiles-Release2.qst (http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=tilesets&id=18), and the overworld combos are shown at the right. Yes, I can scroll through them, and select any overworld combo I want.

The problem is, when I click the Tools menu, select Combo Page, and choose a new combo page from the list, the new combo page doesn't show up. I can't get at the dungeon combos. I know that there are dungeon combos in the tileset because Wild Bill has made some sample screens using them. I just can't figure out how to get at them. They're not listed on the first combo page, it's just overworld.

Edit:
Okay, when I go to Quest - Graphics - Combos, I can see all of the combo pages there. But I still can't get the dungeon combo pages to show up on the right side of the editing screen.

Edit 2:
Nevermind, I figured it out... I just wasn't scrolling far enough. I thought that it just stopped, what with all those red squares... I feel like a moron. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your help, though!

Dark Nation
04-23-2004, 02:54 PM
The Tools->Combo Page menu item is a carry over from days of yore when a screen could only have combos from one combo page on them. So, you had to choose which page you wanted. The only reason it is still there is to (if you load an old quest) show what combo page the current screen *used* to have.

Masterlink3000
05-10-2004, 10:12 AM
Um, this may be a small post, but why don't you just hold (Shift) & (Page Down) down.

Thats what I do, you could alos hold (Ctrl) & (Page Down) down to scroll one combo screen down.

I use that when there's something way down on the combo screens.