PDA

View Full Version : Who Knows Anything About Drivers?.?.?

raptor
04-17-2004, 11:27 PM
hey all was wondering how u would update a driver...i dont know much about em and hoping you would thankyou... urgent need of an update :(

Rainman
04-17-2004, 11:28 PM
What do you need to get the driver for?

linkofzelda1
04-17-2004, 11:30 PM
It depends on what the driver is for. Usually you would go to the maker's website and download them there. Or sometimes there is an update utility included with whatever you bought.

raptor
04-17-2004, 11:38 PM
i need to UPDATE the driver so that way i can play think tanks... i have been having problems with the game not opening and coming up with an error report and a black screen with colours like a test pattern on a t.v i messaged the company and he sed "It sounds like a driver issue. What is your machine configuration? Have you updated your display drivers recently?" and i dont know how to see what my machine config. And i was gathering i had to update my driver...

Rainman
04-17-2004, 11:40 PM
It'd be nice to know what kind of video card you have. Drivers are generally specific to different kinds of parts.

raptor
04-17-2004, 11:43 PM
ohh.. well im very sorry but i do not know all of that info beacause it is a bitzer lol we bought it second hand and it is made up of HEAPS of different parts

Flash Man
04-17-2004, 11:49 PM
Drivers are found -here- (http://www.google.com)

Type in whatever kind of driver you want and whatever form of operating system you have and you can find it. DO IT

Beldaran
04-18-2004, 12:02 AM
If you are feeling brave, you could open the PC up and examine the video card, searching for a company name on it. If you do so, make sure to always keep one hand on the metal part of the case so that you don't get static electricity on the motherboard.

Rainman
04-18-2004, 12:10 AM
Nah, if he really wants to find out what the card is he can go to start -> Settings --> Control Panel -> Click on System -> click the Hardware tab -> Click on Device Manager -> Click on the plus sign in the box next to display adapters. That would get him the info, at least if he has Windows XP...

Beldaran
04-18-2004, 12:12 AM
Nah, if he really wants to find out what the card is he can go to start -> Control Panel -> Click on System -> click the Hardware tab -> Click on Device Manager -> Click on the plus sign in the box next to display adapters. That would get him the info, at least if he has Windows XP...

I suppose you COULD do it that way... if you were smart. But traditionally I do everything the fuck ass stupid way. It's how I got to where I am in life. ( a one room apartment with no girlfriend) :laughing:

raptor
04-18-2004, 04:04 AM
lol....ok the sound card is...NVIDIA GeForce 256 (microsoft corporation) :) there you are