PDA

View Full Version : Re 4

aces2022
04-17-2004, 02:46 PM
Have you seen the new trailor for RE4! It looks so awesome.
http://www.gamepro.com/nintendo/gamecube/games/files/5290.shtml

vegeta1215
04-17-2004, 03:09 PM
Yes I have :D Nintendo Power also had a 2 page preview of it in the latest issue. It sounds like its going to be very open ended allowing the game to be played in many different ways. Having only played the RE remake on Gamecube, this is going to be a very different experience.

The game also looks gorgeous.

AssasinTenchu
04-17-2004, 05:25 PM
I'd look at the trailer but 2 things. bad connection and im too scared to look at it lol.

Jakq
04-17-2004, 06:23 PM
SCHWEET! That looks so cool.

zoraking
04-17-2004, 06:30 PM
RE=Resident Evil right? My brother (dogchew9) is terrified of that game!

Jakq
04-17-2004, 06:48 PM
Your brother? What about me, I bout crapped myself playing one of them, didnt expect something to jump out of a window.

Petoe
04-18-2004, 11:17 AM
Hehe.

The game looks damn awesome. Maybe I finally have to start playing RE games...

vegeta1215
04-18-2004, 11:59 AM
The game looks damn awesome. Maybe I finally have to start playing RE games...

I had never played a Resident Evil game before playing the remake on Gamecube. I kept hearing good things about it, so I decided to rent it. After getting hooked I bought it shortly afterwards. For only $20, it's too good to pass up (RE Zero is also only $20. I may pick that up sometime in the future)

This new one looks great too. Very scary :D

Orion
04-18-2004, 12:28 PM
RE Zero mission? Haha, don't get your REs and your Metroids crossed :P.

I got hooked on RE when Code Veronica came out. Awesome game. RE Remake was the one I've enjoyed most so far. RE Zero was a bit too complicated to be as enjoyable as the remake. I'm hoping 4 will be awesome.

Pangolin
04-18-2004, 02:26 PM
RE 4 looks really cool. Way different from those ghost things they had in the early stages of development. Who'd have thought... hillbillys with chainsaws... Kinda reminds me of a film I once saw...

vegeta1215
04-18-2004, 06:12 PM
RE Zero mission? Haha, don't get your REs and your Metroids crossed :P.

Hehe. I've been playing too much Metroid lately.

Tygore
04-18-2004, 06:33 PM
Actually, a Resedent Evil-Metroid crossover would be quite cool.

MottZilla
04-19-2004, 01:17 AM
=( I can't dl a 10meg file. Damn dial up. Anyways, does anyone know exactly how the game plays? I mean, I'm rather tired of the RE engine. I want real aiming fps style. I want free roaming. :O How will RE4 different from the RE 1 remake for GC?

vegeta1215
04-19-2004, 11:47 AM
Anyways, does anyone know exactly how the game plays? I mean, I'm rather tired of the RE engine. I want real aiming fps style. I want free roaming. :O How will RE4 different from the RE 1 remake for GC?

From what I've read and the footage I've seen:

It's totally different. No more crazy item collection. All the graphics are in real time, so no more pre-rendered fixed camera angles - the camera will be over the shoulder for a sort of fps like feel (and better aiming). The "zombies" or whatever they are in this one are very smart, and will duck and move to avoid your shots and actively hunt you down. You can interact with many things in the environment and solve many situations differently each time you play.

Hmmm, what else...little things, like shooting the "zombies" in the legs will slow them down. Its going to be like a whole new game. If you can find the Nintendo Power for April in a local video game store Mott, read their 2 page preview of RE 4.

MottZilla
04-19-2004, 02:54 PM
My question remains, is aiming full movement and not 3 clicks? I.E. no more Up, Level, Down aiming, and more like any current FPS game.

vegeta1215
04-19-2004, 03:24 PM
My question remains, is aiming full movement and not 3 clicks? I.E. no more Up, Level, Down aiming, and more like any current FPS game.

In the video the main character walks with his gun, and there is a red targetting laser pinpointing where his shot will hit. In order to shoot the legs of "zombies" and slow them down, or similar things, I suspect you will have a greater control over aiming.

Grasshopper
04-19-2004, 08:50 PM
I'm just happy that its finally got a new setting (besides a mansion/city), its got a new story, and retards that don't act like zombies. I'm not a zombie fan. I like how the head guy motions to the other loons on where to go.

Maverick_Zero
04-20-2004, 05:58 PM
WTF Gamepro is still around?

Eh, can't download the trailer. How bout that?

vegeta1215
04-20-2004, 06:09 PM
I'm just happy that its finally got a new setting (besides a mansion/city), its got a new story, and retards that don't act like zombies. I'm not a zombie fan. I like how the head guy motions to the other loons on where to go.

Yeah, I'm curious what the story is gonna be like. They haven't really said much about it except that the people aren't zombies like from the other RE games. It looks like the gameplay is going to be very different from the previous ones too - plus the graphics look gorgeous.