PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Academy revisited

Dart Zaidyer
04-16-2004, 06:48 PM
It seems like nobody has this game. (At least the places where I go.)

Anyway, most of the JKA multiplayer servers out there seem to only feature the plain vanilla game. No addons, no custom levels, not even any flags or variables changed to make things more interesting. Doesn't anyone care?
Well, I certainly do. If you have this game, and want to play some actual custom maps with some spruced-up gameplay settings, speak up! Maybe we could start our own little server and do things our way. It would certainly be more entertaining than the usual stuff.

What do you think?

deathbyhokie
04-16-2004, 07:46 PM
is the game any good? i keep eyeing it everytime i'm looking through games, but i've never picked it up

Dart Zaidyer
04-16-2004, 08:03 PM
It's better than Jedi Outcast, but as a trade-off it's also shorter, and the acting makes Episode II look like art. The real draw is in addon maps, which as mentioned before, are strangely and annoyingly overlooked in multiplayer servers.

Starkist
04-16-2004, 09:11 PM
Episode II is a work of art.

I have the game, it's great. :)

deathbyhokie
04-16-2004, 09:20 PM
Episode II is a work of art.

...did you even watch the movie? or are you going for sarcasm.

back on topic, i think i might pick that game up next time i head otu to get a game. there certainly aren't any appealing GC games as of late

Starkist
04-16-2004, 09:34 PM
Attack of the Clones is the best, most tightly plotted, and gripping of the five Star Wars movies. This is my genuine opinion. It occupies a slot of honour on my DVD shelf. It seems that "Episode II is crap" gets repeated so much that people believe it for no other reason.

Dart Zaidyer
04-16-2004, 11:25 PM
*aherm* can we keep things on topic?

If you guys have the game perhaps we should set up a good time to play.

deathbyhokie
04-16-2004, 11:34 PM
is the control similiar to JK2? if so i should be fine to start playing once i get the game

and i'll give you the plot was good. the problem lies in that i went to see an action film. and where i don't mind slow scenes in my action films, it seemed out of proportion to me. almost as if the movie was more about the slow lovey scenes than the start of the clone wars.

Starkist
04-17-2004, 12:16 AM
Yeah, 45 minutes straight of battle on Geonosis wasn't enough action. ;) I don't mind the lovey scenes though, because they are convincingly ackward enough to come from a lifelong public servant and a lifelong Jedi.

Anyway, I'll have to install JA on this computer, I wouldn't mind playing sometime.

deathbyhokie
04-17-2004, 01:02 AM
Yeah, 45 minutes straight of battle on Geonosis wasn't enough action. ;) I don't mind the lovey scenes though, because they are convincingly ackward enough to come from a lifelong public servant and a lifelong Jedi.

if you look at the orginial 3 though(and even episode one), thye don't have that constant action. it's more mixed in. given i haven't seen ep. 2 lately, but i do seem to remember dozing off in the theater. another part of the disapointment for me was the set-up it had. if you look at the orginial triliogy, 4 was medocre, 5 was incredible, and 6 was just short of incredible. in such a way, i figured that the disapointment that the death of darth maul was would be made up in the second. but to me it wasn't. dooku just isn't cool enough of a villian for me. he lacks the evil that maul and vader both had.

although in my mind, ep. 3 has the greatest potential of the 6. if lucas doesn't screw it up, then it will redeem all the mistakes in my mind. (so, should we stop the threadjack, split the thread, or move to PM/Xanga?)

oh, and jedi academy? umm... do you get to build your saber, or does the game just give you the default blue one like in JK2?

Starkist
04-17-2004, 01:18 AM
See, the base of our disagreement is probably the fact that you have the original trilogy different than me. Episode 4 is quite good, Episode 5 is incredible, but Episode 6 is a letdown.

Yes, you build your own saber. You choose your colour right away, and later you get to choose between one saber, two sabers, or a double saber.

Dart Zaidyer
04-17-2004, 12:37 PM
Jedi Academy is to Jedi Outcast like Mysteries of the Sith was to Jedi Knight. Same engine, same gameplay, but with a lot of improvements over the original. Dynamic Glow to make lights pretty, the "build your own Jedi" aspect, new Dual Lightsabers and Darth Maul-style saberstaff, the return of "Choose your own Force Powers in Single Player", and such things like that.

So Starkist, I'll send you a PM so we can set up a game. If anyone else wants in, say so.