PDA

View Full Version : Italian hostage dies with honor.

AlexMax
04-16-2004, 04:44 PM
I don't give a crap if you are for or against the war, but you have to hand it to this guy.

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/04/15/iraq.italian.hero.reut/index.html

Fabrizio Quattrocchi, one of four Italian security guards abducted earlier this week, was shot to death Wednesday after Italy refused to bow to the kidnappers' demands that it withdraw its troops from Iraq.

Italian Foreign Minister Franco Frattini said a video recording of the killing showed that Quattrocchi was hooded when his kidnappers put a gun to his head.

"When the murderers were pointing a pistol at him, this man tried to take off his hood and shouted: 'Now I'm going to show you how an Italian dies'. And they killed him," Frattini said.

I don't give a shit if you're for or against the war (I think it was a pretty dumb idea myself), but you have to give it to the guy, that was a pretty badass way to go out. My hat's off to the Italians for standing up for what they thought was right.

SixTen
04-16-2004, 05:08 PM
Wow, that's some tough shit. Bet no one was expecting that.

Rainman
04-16-2004, 06:09 PM
:shrug: To me it doesn't really matter how you die because either way, you're dead. Still that does take some balls.

aces2022
04-17-2004, 02:26 PM
Amen to him.

Starkist
04-17-2004, 02:35 PM
To me it doesn't really matter how you die because either way, you're dead.
Turn that around: Since you are going to die anyway, you have nothing to lose by going out with honor and dignity.

Rainman
04-17-2004, 04:02 PM
yea, but you have nothing to lose going out like a pansy either.

Gerudo
04-17-2004, 04:54 PM
Turn that around: Since you are going to die anyway, you have nothing to lose by going out with honor and dignity.
i think the best phrase i ever heard, is a man is most dangerous when he has nothing to lose.

so this man, on the brink of death, decided to fight back even though it wouldnt get him anywhere.

Honor and Dignity, yes my friends.

better to die fighting back, than shivering like a coward, as hard is it would be (to fight)...

AssasinTenchu
04-17-2004, 05:03 PM
Foolish yet brave act.

Makaveli
04-17-2004, 08:52 PM
wow,poor guy, damn people who killed him :(

Archibaldo
04-17-2004, 11:22 PM
I'd rather die like that than out on the battle field where people don't know your dead untill they find your corpse.

SixTen
04-18-2004, 12:51 AM
I'd rather die like that than out on the battle field where people don't know your dead untill they find your corpse.

True, sometimes they don't find your corpse. Also, at least a shot in the head is a quick death. Not like a gutshot to bleed to death slowly.

fatcatfan
04-18-2004, 01:57 AM
My hat's off to the Italians for standing up for what they thought was right.But not to our President for doing likewise?

AlexMax
04-18-2004, 02:51 PM
But not to our President for doing likewise?

No, my hat is off to him too. Bush wants to go to war? GOOD FOR HIM. Doesn't mean I have to agree with him.

The Italian's decision to go to war was a personal one. Unless Italy has some sort of draft, he could have very easily say "Fuck this shit" and stayed home.

Bush's decisions affect a very large number of people. But I can vote Bush out of office.

And if Bush doesn't get out of office, big deal. I can still keep disagreeing with the war. The government isn't going to come to my house and beat the shit out of me just because I disagree with the war.

EDIT: I've seen war protestor videos that show anti-war demonstrators getting the shit beaten out of them. But do you honestly think that is George W's doing? It's just the local government. Complain to them.

lord_jamitossi
04-18-2004, 04:13 PM
meh, like they say, it's better to go out with a bang than with a wimper.
i'm sort of split between who i want to win. i REALLY don't like how Bush is going about things with all the wars and stuff, but i kinda want to see him having to scramble around if he finally catches on that things aren't going acording to plan. because even if Carrey does win, he has still got a MASSIVE mess to sort out when he gets in office.

fatcatfan
04-18-2004, 09:20 PM
No, my hat is off to him too. Bush wants to go to war? GOOD FOR HIM. Doesn't mean I have to agree with him.
okay. I can respect that opinion.