PDA

View Full Version : Cheat re-organization?

Nick
04-16-2004, 04:12 PM
Now that ZQuest sports tabs in the style of Windows, I was thinking that maybe the equipment and item cheats in ZC could be combined into a single dialog with tabs (the ones on the same level, anyway).

I personally thing it'd be easier to manage them that way for quick quest testing sessions. :shrug:

ShadowTiger
04-16-2004, 04:27 PM
Perhaps. :shrug: And while Nick has generously brought up the subject, I would like to reintroduce the "magic" cheat codes. We don't have any cheats which let us add or subtract magic from ourselves yet. :shrug:

And those debug keys active in 182 were alarmingly helpful in testing our own / other people's quests. No, seriously, they really were.

Sephiroth
04-16-2004, 06:14 PM
True, It would be nice to do that. It gets annoying when you visit one of those dialog boxes then you forget which one and go right back to it. really gets me. :) I would like that to happen as well as the ability to add/subtract magic just like we can with heart containers. :)

Orion
04-16-2004, 08:11 PM
Also, it should be noted that a cheat should be added for the boss key. I was suprised when the Magic key didn't cover that.

Cloral
04-17-2004, 03:55 PM
There arn't any cheats for dmap items come to think of it. It would be nice to have cheats for all 3 of them (map, compass, and the boss key) for completness.

Ganonator
04-17-2004, 04:34 PM
when i get back from school, i'll make some mockups of what the new cheat system should look like, nested, hopefully. I would easily welcome the changes.

Ganonator
04-19-2004, 04:17 AM
Sorry for the double, but here are the screens
http://zc.thedpshack.com/zmenu.gifhttp://zc.thedpshack.com/zcollect.gif

Sephiroth
04-19-2004, 08:54 AM
That would work out. I would welcome those kind of changes. :) That way I can just hit f4 to access the cheat menus. :) That is a very nice way to make it happen. :p

Raichu86
04-19-2004, 11:04 AM
I think that would work well, Ganonator. :thumbsup:

Nick
04-19-2004, 04:17 PM
I really like that mockup. It's exactly what I had in mind... though the function key is a bonus. :thumbsup:

One thing, though. There is a cheat for magic already, but it's just not in the menus (it still comes on with the level 1 items). It's / if I recall correctly. :shrug:

Blonde799
04-19-2004, 05:27 PM
The magic refill cheat worked the last time I used it, but not the addition cheat.;:shrug:

That mockup looks great though.:)

Ganonator
04-19-2004, 07:35 PM
As BH4 said in the other forum, F4 is used for something like screen something, so we might have to move it to F10 - still an added bonus. Right now, Magic refill is set to '/', but I think it would work better as a key. I also might mockup 'Debug Mode' as a level 4 cheat as well.

Orion
04-19-2004, 09:55 PM
I have said this before and I will say it again to see if anyone agrees. I think the "Cheat" heading should be changed to "Debug." Since a lot of quests use them just for debugging purposes and not cheats, you would reduce the number of people asking for cheat codes for quests that don't have them. Just a minor thing though.

Raichu86
04-19-2004, 10:23 PM
I have said this before and I will say it again to see if anyone agrees. I think the "Cheat" heading should be changed to "Debug." Since a lot of quests use them just for debugging purposes and not cheats, you would reduce the number of people asking for cheat codes for quests that don't have them. Just a minor thing though.
Perhaps that would best be a quest rule. There are a lot of quests with cheat codes that players can earn somehow, so renaming it would mess up old quests. The quest rule could be one to rename "debug" to "cheats" in the menu, and be turned on for all quests prior to the version the rule is introduced in.