PDA

View Full Version : NBA Finals?

AssasinTenchu
04-15-2004, 04:05 PM
Ya who do you think is gonna take home the title this year?
I've got my money on Sacramento. wOOt :D

Starkist
04-15-2004, 04:26 PM
Sacramento will choke, as usual. If San Antonio cannot prevail then it will be the Lakers taking on the Pacers from the East.

Riku
04-15-2004, 09:48 PM
Im not much of a basketball fan but I like my San Antonio Spurs to take it and make it 2 years in a row!

Orion
04-15-2004, 10:29 PM
I gotta go for the hometown team. I think they finally have a shot, especially now with homecourt advantage.

AssasinTenchu
04-19-2004, 05:18 PM
Alright now that we know who's in for sure. what are your picks now?? if your picks were Utah or Portland sorry.

Beldaran
04-19-2004, 05:22 PM
I tend to think the Lakers will prevail. Also, I'm a big Gary Payton fan, so..:)

Orion
04-19-2004, 09:50 PM
Am I the only one who finds it frustrating that the NBA must always spread its games out. Theoretically, the series beween the T-Wolves and nuggets (which started last night), if it went to 7 games, would not be over until May 4th or so. It's ridiculous! Hockey is a much more physically demanding sport and they play games every other night in a 7-game series.

Master Ghaleon
04-19-2004, 09:57 PM
I dont like the Lakers much, I would like to see Houston win

Beldaran
04-20-2004, 12:10 AM
Am I the only one who finds it frustrating that the NBA must always spread its games out. Theoretically, the series beween the T-Wolves and nuggets (which started last night), if it went to 7 games, would not be over until May 4th or so. It's ridiculous! Hockey is a much more physically demanding sport and they play games every other night in a 7-game series.

First off, the first round of a series is best of 5, not 7. Second, they do play multiple games each week. Usually about 3 games a week. The playoffs will be over in June.

Orion
04-20-2004, 01:10 AM
Get your facts straight. All rounds are best of 7. Here is the #1 seed Timberwolves schedule for the first round:

Game 1
W 106-92
Target Center
Wolves lead 1-0

Game 2
Wed., Apr. 21
8:30 p.m.
Target Center
TV: FSN/TNT

Game 3
Sat., Apr. 24
Pepsi Center
8:30 p.m.
TV: FSN/ESPN

Game 4
Tue., Apr. 27
Pepsi Center
9:30 p.m.
TV: FSN/ESPN

Game 5*
Fri., Apr. 30
Target Center
Time TBD

Game 6*
Sun., May 2
Pepsi Center
Time TBD

Game 7*
Tue., May 4
Target Center
Time TBD

My point is that it shouldn't take a month and a half to get through the playoffs. If they played every-other night, they would get it done in half the time.

And like I said, I'm rootin for the wolves. I don't think they will win however. But it would be nice if they did. Just anyone BUT the Lakers.

Beldaran
04-20-2004, 01:59 AM
Get your facts straight. All rounds are best of 7.

This must be new. I followed basketball passionately for years, but quit watching about two years ago because it got boring. It used to be 5-7-7-7

Get your facts straight.

And anyway, what's with the pissy attitude? Do you think you're somehow l337 because you looked up a fact? :odd:

Starkist
04-20-2004, 02:06 AM
They have changed it to 7-7-7-7 starting this year. It is silly, they should do the NCAA thing, one and done. That will make those old guys play. :)

Cloral
04-20-2004, 03:12 AM
Actually it started last year. And Lakers are going to win it all. Go purple and gold! :D

Starkist
04-20-2004, 03:17 AM
This year, last year, doesn't matter... the Sonics are still sitting at home. :blah:

Petoe
04-20-2004, 10:24 AM

I agree. I'm not a big basketball fan, but I find it very frustrating that one series can last so long. That's why I watch the NHL playoffs (where they play every other night) instead of NBA playoffs. :p

But who's going to win? LA Lakers as usual.

skidphyzz
04-20-2004, 12:09 PM
I would like to see the bucks at least make it past the first round(cuz I'm from wisconsin) but I sincerely doubt that'll happen. But otherwise I'd say I want the T-wolves to win, but think the Kings will.

Beldaran
04-20-2004, 02:39 PM
I don't like watching hockey because I am opposed to any sport where, after 45 minutes of play, the score is only 2-1. I don't watch baseball for the same reason. I like my scoreboard to ring like a pinball machine.

Starkist
04-20-2004, 03:30 PM
You must have stayed away from the Mariners last night then, after four hours and fourteen innings Seattle beat Oakland by the lofty score of 2-1. :)

Beldaran
04-20-2004, 04:49 PM
You must have stayed away from the Mariners last night then, after four hours and fourteen innings Seattle beat Oakland by the lofty score of 2-1. :)

wow. Yes, that definately doesn't sound like my cup of tea.

I would actually really really love baseball if the season was only 82 games or less, like basketball. 162 games is way too god damned many games. How can I possibly give a shit about the mariners winning when there are 150 games left in the season? It's just insane. The regular season games just seem meaningless.