PDA

View Full Version : Sword of Mana Help?

Monica
04-14-2004, 10:41 PM
Yep, here's another game help topic from me. ^_^ I'm playing the Girl and I'm at the...hall, Dracula castle, you know. I've leveled her up to 17, 11 Magician and 5 Sage, and Bow 7, but I can't fight the warewolf boss, the bow only does 1 and 2 damage, and Salamander is 1 and he does 1 too, any strategies? Thanks! :)

AtmaWeapon
04-14-2004, 10:50 PM
I haven't played as the girl yet, but I remember I didn't have much trouble hacking away with the sword as the boy. Doesn't the girl start with Wisp? If so, I'd try Wisp, since a Werewolf might count as undead. If not, level the heck out of Salamander.

Monica
04-14-2004, 11:03 PM
Yep, she has Wisp, and I've been trying to level Salamander up forever...I'll try Wisp, thanks. Is there any way to see the EXP of a Spirit?

Edit: I got him with Wisp, and the count too. ^_^ Now I'm in the cave leading to Wendel, and there's this weird glowing thing blocking the way that attacks me. I've tried both Spirits, and the staff and bow and they all do 0, how can I pass the thing?

vegeta1215
04-15-2004, 01:17 AM
There are two types of things that block you in the game. One is a metal ball, which you must use weapons on - each type of metal ball is susceptible to a different attack trait - jab, slash, or bash. The one you use depends on the shape the metal ball takes when it tries to attack you. (don't forget to try your partner's weapons as well in case you don't have all 3 types yet early on)

The other thing that block your path are the stone blocks. These have different colors on them, and when you walk up to one, you get hit by a magic spell. For those you need to cast the same kind of magic on it that it hits you with.

So...if you've tried each type of weapon and each type of magic you have, maybe you're missing a magic spirit or weapon? I think after you beat the monsters at Vinquette hall, you have to go to Scaley Lair and get the Undine spirit as well as the Flail.

zoraking
04-17-2004, 06:33 PM
Should I buy this game? I give Secret of Mana 7/10, is this better?

Mak-X
04-17-2004, 07:34 PM
I felt Secret of Mana was much better, and I've heard the original Final Fantasy Adventure that Sword of Mana was a remake of was actually better. The game is above average, but it's not a classic or a very good game.

This is a pretty good review
http://www.1up.com/article2/0,4364,1488131,00.asp

vegeta1215
04-17-2004, 09:01 PM
The original Final Fantasy Adventure is much better than Sword of Mana, but it is hard to find. I was lucky enough to get a complete copy of it on ebay last summer with the cartridge, box, manual, and map. (the map is really cool)

SD3 is my favorite out of all the Seiken Densetsu games :D Followed closely by Secret of Mana.