PDA

View Full Version : Amazing 96kb game

gdorf
04-14-2004, 06:32 PM
I just saw this over at overclocksclub.com. Its a 96kb game with CRAZY ammounts of detail for its size. It is a full fps (still beta). I can't imagine how they fit that much of a game into 96kb.

Unfortunately, for some reason it takes a fairly nice system to run it properly. This may defeat the purpose, as any system with the following specs most likely have at least 20gb of space, but I still find it amazing that this game will fit onto a floppy 15 times over, and looks as good as it does. If your system will handle it, check it out. Its an amazing piece of work. :)

Requirements:
# 1.5GHz Pentium 3/Athlon or faster
# 512MB of RAM (or more)
# Geforce 4 Ti or ATI Radeon 8500 (or higher)
# Sound Card
# DirectX 9.0b

http://www.theprodukkt.com/files/kkrieger_snapshot3_small.jpg
http://www.theprodukkt.com/files/kkrieger_snapshot5_small.jpg

More info at the it's homepage: http://www.theprodukkt.com/

This is amazing..

btw: I hope this isn't considered advertising. I am not involved with the "theprodukkt" community in any way, I just think its .. well.. extraordinary.

Rainman
04-14-2004, 06:36 PM
Doesn't work for me, but it is in beta so I can't complain.

Eckels
04-14-2004, 06:49 PM
very cool. I just played through the whole thing.

I'm very impressed with the lighting effects. Abolute on-the-fly dynamic lighting. Some of the weapons fire large, and VERY bright ammo that light up parts of the room, with perfect shadows. Very cool

It's very choppy though. Perhaps if the creators werent so concerned with compressing the fuck out of it, down to 96k, then it would run a bit smoother. plus there wouldn't be a stupid long load at the beginning. but that's just my thought.

*b*
04-14-2004, 06:59 PM
darnit, it won't work for me. this sounds like it'd be a fun play

AlexMax
04-14-2004, 08:07 PM
It ran choppy as hell on my relatively nice (not top of the line, but decent) system as well. I think that the developes ought to optimize the rendering code so it will run on something other than high end machines.

It was still very purdy tho'.

EDIT: I don't think this counts as an advertisement. You're giving us actual content instead of forwarding us to a site just for the hell of it. Also, you put some time and effort into your post, and it's obvious from your registration date and posting history that you didn't just sign up to spam.

slothman
04-14-2004, 09:15 PM
Doesn't work with me because I don't have the fancy stuff they require. Anyway just because it is small doesn't mean it can't do much. It's probably mostly function calls calling the OS where the bulk of the code really is.

Drunken Tiger
04-14-2004, 10:11 PM
Wow, thanks for the headsup gdorf.. Ill give it a go after i finish downloading.. ;)

EDIT: That was a fast dl!! Even for my dialup!
EDIT2: That was great for a 96kb game!!

Rijuhn
04-14-2004, 11:03 PM
I think it sucks, not the game but the fact that I don't have a pixel shading graphics card.

Riku
04-14-2004, 11:48 PM
its great!

Gerudo
04-14-2004, 11:53 PM
it kept crashing before i could load it, but still, if the pics show what its really like, then goddamn, thats awesome...

MottZilla
04-14-2004, 11:56 PM
My Radeon is only a 7200 and the requirements state a 8500 minimum. So because of that, I'm not gonna even bother. :O

Bloodstar64
04-15-2004, 12:09 AM
It ran choppy as hell on my relatively nice (not top of the line, but decent) system as well.

Hell, I've got a top of the line system and it runs choppy. For a 96kb game however, that was fucking nice.