PDA

View Full Version : Lotch-my new word

Feasul
04-14-2004, 04:02 PM
lotch- messed up, strange, incredible, amazing, or just about anything of a wierd or extreme nature.
As in:
(In response to someone dissing you): "That was lotch [messed up], man."
(After seeing someone make an incredible catch in a baseball game): "Whoa, that catch was lotch [amazing]."
I just came up with that word last week when my cousin came over for Passover. He meant to say "watch" but it came out "lotch". I'd been looking for a word to make up, kind of as a personal project, see if I could integrate it into society, and lotch (which rhymes with watch if you couldn't tell) just sounded good. So I came up with that definition for it, and here we are. I already uploaded it to urbandictionary.com if you want to check it out, and now I'm posting it here.
So my request to you all is that you start to use "lotch" in your everyday speech and see if it catches on. Hopefully since we got people al over the country and a few overseas, maybe someday when I'm vacationing in Colorado or whatever I can here someone saying lotch, and be able to truthfully say, "Hey, I came up with a word!" So thanks in advance for all your help.

theplustwo
04-14-2004, 04:28 PM
Hump. <-- Raichu86's word.

Means: Cool.

Toolie
04-14-2004, 05:03 PM
Me and some friends frequently use words that we make up that have no meaning to them. Such as 'giss', 'shrigg', and 'kissel'. For example, this topic is giss, then again the person who started it probably shriggs a mean kissel.

SixTen
04-14-2004, 05:06 PM
This whomps.

lord_jamitossi
04-14-2004, 05:10 PM
i had a whole bunch of new words that i got all my friends to understand and use, for things that need names but don't have any. one such thing that i remember (i don't remember the word for it anymore) was the sort of people who are really popular/good looking/attractive but are never dating anyone, and never will. I wish I still had that word. it was so... lotch.

Ich
04-14-2004, 05:19 PM
You've certainly gotten word around. "Lotch" on Google turns up 4,300 hits.

SixTen
04-14-2004, 05:24 PM
And he said, "Let there be lotch." And it was so, and there was lotch.

Ganonator
04-14-2004, 07:08 PM
JFC man, don't be such a skabootchie.

Blonde799
04-14-2004, 07:14 PM
You're all flarggin crazy.:D I like WB's word more, I think I'll use that.

Rainman
04-14-2004, 07:17 PM
A friend of mine uses the word "pudd" to term someone who's generally a waste of space. As in, "That kid's a pudd" He's used this for years, but in searching for the meaning in an official reference, he couldn't find it anywhere. He has no idea where it came from. I've been using it as well and will probably spread it to where ever I go next.

moocow
04-14-2004, 07:42 PM
A friend of mine uses the word "pudd" to term someone who's generally a waste of space. As in, "That kid's a pudd" He's used this for years, but in searching for the meaning in an official reference, he couldn't find it anywhere. He has no idea where it came from. I've been using it as well and will probably spread it to where ever I go next.

I've been using the word "pud" for a few years. My friend Tyler hates that word, lol.

My friend once said "froke" once, it's a weird mix between Coke and fork. We never came up with a meaning for it, just say it once in a while for a senseless giggle.

SixTen
04-14-2004, 08:44 PM
Now here's a frood that can keep his towel if he can make a thread that is so shpadoinkle.

*For reference on frood, and the towel remark, look in 'The Hitchiker's Guide To The Galaxy'.

Ganon's Minion
04-14-2004, 08:51 PM
SHAZAAM! ---- Meaning, "TA DAA" or "BOO YAH"!

:rolleyes:

aces2022
04-14-2004, 09:17 PM
Dude i got like a dictionary of made up words (BY ME). Way ahead of you. They actually don't sound bad using them in a sentance. I think i need a Snkickers......

SixTen
04-14-2004, 09:18 PM
Oink!

I use it to say something like shit, or damn. It's my general swear word.
Sometimes people reply with 'Moo!'

Riku
04-14-2004, 09:22 PM
this is such a lotch thread...

i once made up a name for a girl that was annoying, it was pookerdoodle(pok-er-doodle pok is like spok from star trek without the s)

Toolie
04-14-2004, 09:30 PM
http://channel955.com/timages/page/britney-nips.jpg
Mry.

Mry is a term we made up for hard nips. Works well in public converstaion because no one knows what the hell your talking about.

Archibaldo
04-14-2004, 09:34 PM
At school there are a group of people who are all very dirty and greasy and are wicked poor, we call them Wildafants (wild elephants).

Feasul
04-14-2004, 09:42 PM
You've certainly gotten word around. "Lotch" on Google turns up 4,300 hits.
Whoa, you're right! That's so lotch! Although most of the first ones are about a LOTCH genealogy, not sure what that is. Then there was this site where every word was in Japanese (i mean with the kanji, not just english letters, japanese words) except for lotch, which was there in plain English text. sometimes I think there are sites that automatically add words ahen they are searched for :shrug:. Oh well, I still have hopes for "lotch".