PDA

View Full Version : Skies of Arcadia

Riku
04-13-2004, 10:01 PM
Ok well ive heard alot about this game and i dont own a GC but my brother does and he comes home every once in a while so i just wanted to know is this game a must have? or is it just a good game.

Erasul
04-13-2004, 10:14 PM
It's a must have. I loved every minute of it.

Ganon's Minion
04-13-2004, 10:55 PM
Everyone by now knows I am a SoA freak. I love it, buy it. Great game. Beat it in about 47 hours. Still working on side-quests.

Riku
04-13-2004, 11:24 PM
ok thanks, it looks like i can get it for 17.99 preowned so i think i will buy it!

Fiyerstorm
04-13-2004, 11:57 PM
Is the storyline of that game anygood? A cheap long lasting game sounds tasty. :O~

Pangolin
04-14-2004, 01:45 PM
The storyline is so good when you finish it you'll think you've just died after the most wonderful life ever, and that you want more and more... like a drug. The storyline is also rather twisty too, and very very juicy. The Doc, Maria and Piastol side quest is brilliant! Get the game! Get it now!

Ganon's Minion
04-14-2004, 08:33 PM
The storyline is so good when you finish it you'll think you've just died after the most wonderful life ever, and that you want more and more... like a drug. The storyline is also rather twisty too, and very very juicy. The Doc, Maria and Piastol side quest is brilliant! Get the game! Get it now!

Agreed and Ditto.

Pangolin
04-15-2004, 01:46 PM
Right now I'm currently working on a Skies of Arcadia Role play site thingy. I'm obsessed with them both so that'll please me 'till SoA 2 comes out.

Ganon's Minion
04-15-2004, 01:54 PM
Right now I'm currently working on a Skies of Arcadia Role play site thingy. I'm obsessed with them both so that'll please me 'till SoA 2 comes out.

I've not heard much about when it is coming out, but I am looking forward to if it does. :)

Pangolin
04-15-2004, 04:21 PM
Its all a big "TBA" thing at the moment, but rumours are its 2 discs! 80 odd hours of SoA goodness. Yum.

Samson007
04-17-2004, 11:26 AM
I only played it for like 5 hours when a friend brought it over. But i must say it was a really awsome 5 hours.

ive been wanting to get it sinse then, quite possibly the best RPG for gamecube. Although they did have that game for dreamcast first.

Pangolin
04-17-2004, 02:08 PM
They've spruced it all up a lot, and added the new "Wanted feature" and the Moonfish, Doc, Mariah and Piastol Side quest. Its rather spiffing if you ask me.

aces2022
04-17-2004, 02:40 PM
Its all a big "TBA" thing at the moment, but rumours are its 2 discs! 80 odd hours of SoA goodness. Yum.

80 HOURS!!
SWEET!

Ganon's Minion
04-17-2004, 03:04 PM
Yeah it was dubbed over from the DreamCast to the GameCube. But that doesn't decrease the quality of it. It's a splendid game packed with action and tons of fun and value. I definitely reccomend it to anyone out there who is in search of one of the best RPGs of all time, especially for the Cube. But of course, there is Zelda and Metroid, I'm not forgetting about their magnificence.

Brian
04-17-2004, 05:49 PM
Does it have random Final Fantasy style battles? Because I was thinking about getting this too, but I really can't stand random FF battles. (I'm a fan of Baldur's Gate and KOTOR style battles). Maybe if this game was just really could I might like it, since I did kind of like FF3, even though I was very frusturated at times by the bad, in my opinion, combat system.

Pangolin
04-18-2004, 02:33 PM
Yeah the battles are random. But they aren't too frequent, and you get a lot of EXP for battling. Later on in the game, about 2/3s of the way through, you get a ship upgrade so you can fly above the clouds, away from monsters. Or below the clouds for that matter. The ship to ship battles are a tacticl treat though.