PDA

View Full Version : Check out my ISP's Engrish

inori
04-13-2004, 07:50 AM
http://www.rinku.zaq.ne.jp/ryan/agn/

It's good for a quick laugh. :kawaii: (If you have a Japanese font installed, you can also see the original Japanese...)

SixTen
04-13-2004, 09:20 AM
Show's you that the Japanese can at least use something other than plain black text for the FORBIDDEN screen.

The best Engrish I have encountered (not from Engrish.com), would have to be from my Chinese copy of Neon Genesis: Evangelion. In the one episode, there are pilots who actually speak English, not Japanese. They said something like: "We are approaching some cumulonimbus, expecting a bumpy ride." Or something like that. The subtitles said: There are messy clouds in front of us.
And whenever Kawaru said Third Child, the subtitle said Third Children.

It was choppy, but I could get the meaning out of it.

On a side note, in the DVD, all the menus were in Chinese. So I didn't really know what did what. So I was messing around, and I happened to change the subtitles to Chinese, and had a hell of a time figuring out how to change them back to English. :p

Archibaldo
04-13-2004, 09:50 AM
I love watching movies in foriegn langages, I once watched an episode of Family Guy in spanish and I don't even know anything in spanish.

theplustwo
04-13-2004, 10:22 AM
I was going to reply something useful, but there is a possibility that my reply does not include in this thread.

lord_jamitossi
04-13-2004, 12:47 PM
you get alot of that up here in Québec!
among others, there's this at a local ski hill:

Please put your tray here when you are finished.
THANK
The direction

and i've seen a couple where there'll be a comma or something for no real reason in the middle of a sentance. i'll try to find the site of where we stayed for a while last year during our vacation. it's great.

EDIT: here it is. you can explore a bit, but you should click on "lodging". it's pretty bad.
http://www.tourisme-megantic.com/english.html

SixTen
04-13-2004, 03:54 PM
At the Pennsylvania State Museum, there is a No Smoking sign.....on an ash can.