PDA

View Full Version : Help in Morrowind

Hessian
04-12-2004, 11:45 PM
This might not be the best place to ask, but I don't want to venture anywhere else. I have a big problem in Morrowind. I seem to have sold two items that I need to continue on in the main quest of the game. One is no where to be found, and I can't remember what I did with it. the other just happens to be in plain view, but it is on a trader. This means that I can't by it back. I can kill him, but that means the whole tribe he belongs to hates me. I have a saved game that could undo all of this, but that will undo hours of work in the process. Does anyone know of a way to help me?

Starkist
04-13-2004, 12:41 AM
PC or Xbox?

Hessian
04-13-2004, 12:55 AM
PC forgot that little detail. Sorry.

cap2030
04-13-2004, 01:07 AM
You could cheat and open the editor and spawn those 2 items into the room where you are.I dont remember if game can load "mods" into an existing savegame.

The other option is to use console commands to spawn those items.
Check www.gamefaqs.com and see if they have them there.

Edit:
player -> AddItem ''item_name'' (Number)
((" "are necessasry for item name but parantheses arent for the number of items))

open console with ~ or `

Hessian
04-13-2004, 01:17 AM
Hmmm... thanks for the information. I will definitely try that, but are you sure there is no way to do it without spawning new weapons?

cap2030
04-13-2004, 12:51 PM
Well I guess if you sold something to the merchant wearing what you want that is better
then what he has on he might change and then put what you want in his store.

Brian
04-13-2004, 09:00 PM
You've essentially messed yourself up, bad. Cap's idea could work but it could be very hard to find something that would be better than what you sold, depending on what you sold. You basically either have to load your game, or cheat to get the items back. I reccomend cheating, even if you normally object to cheating this is a special circumstance. Make a quick plug-in with the items.

But otherwise no, there is no way to do it without cheating in some way other than the obvious way (tracking down the first item and somehow getting back the second)

Hessian
04-13-2004, 10:00 PM
Well, thanks for the advice everyone. I tried what cap suggested before I even posted this thread. I sold an exquisite (sp?) robe to the dealer, but apparently they enjoy magical robes more. I guess I will try the cheating method I suppose.

Starkist
04-13-2004, 10:05 PM
Tell me what two items you need to get back.

http://www.uesp.net/ - The best Morrowind resource, when it is online that is.
http://www.elderscrolls.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php - The official forums. Many a quandry of mine has been solved by their search function.

Hessian
04-13-2004, 11:05 PM
Uh.. Robe of Erur-Dan and War Axe of Airan Ammu.

I haven't had time to play yet. My parents made me join this pesky club called "school" when I was 5 or so. It takes away my play time.

Starkist
04-13-2004, 11:10 PM
They don't sound familiar... what part of the main quest do you need them for?

Hessian
04-13-2004, 11:19 PM
I am convincing all the tribes that I am the Nerevine. This particular quest involves the Erabenimsun Camp. I killed all of the War loving tribe members who would never name me Nerevine and I am trying the to convince Han Ammu that he is worthy to become Ashkan. I need 3 tokens that will help me convince him. These just happen to be items off the dead bodies of the war loving tribe members. I sold the robe and the axe is no where to be found.

Starkist
04-13-2004, 11:21 PM
Hmm. I believe I completed that quest another way, doing the Telvanni bride option. Oh well, your choices are either reload from a previous save or use the console to spawn the items you need. It is hard to figure out what the actual IDs of the items are, so opening the TES3 Construction Set may be of some use.

Hessian
04-13-2004, 11:26 PM
The telvanni bride quest is for the Zainab tribe. I already did that. I will try the clone trick as soon as possible. Thanks for your help again.

Starkist
04-14-2004, 12:20 AM
Oh.

It's been too long, I need to reinstall and play it again. :)

ShadowTiger
04-15-2004, 12:16 PM
Oh!! I just had this problem! O_O ... Remember those two that you killed, to the LEFT of the leader's house in the Erubanimsun tribe? Loot their bodies. They should still be on them, believe it or not. That's what I did.

Then just show the kid the items, and he'll -easily- take up the position. ;) Quite cool, really.

BTW, who managed to assemble their stronghold in Uvirith's Grave? I was kinda disappointed by mine, but.. hey, whaddaya gonna do! ^_^;

EDIT: Oh, and you CAN use the Editor to look for the locations of items. You can track down the NPC names, then find their locations, or you can find the name of the item, right click on it, choose info, and see where it's found, or on what NPC it's on. Then you can check which NPC it is.

I had this problem where I had to find a Mouth to represent me on the Telvanni council house, but I couldn't FIND Fast Eddie's house! O_O .. (Turns out to be in the north central area of Balmora.) So just go into the NPC tab, and you'll be able to track the guys down. :) Some of the things, you may have to look a bit closer for though. their names aren't all that easy.