PDA

View Full Version : What up w/ all the ZC forums?

Red Afro
04-11-2004, 08:10 PM
Hey, here is a newbie question for you all... what is up with all the ZC forums? Does there really need to be 3 (or more?) forums devoted to ZC? Not that ZC isn't great, and not that I want someone to abandon all the hard work they've done on creating a forum site, but how do you all keep track of everything that is going on? Are their fighting splinter factions of ZC fans or something? I ask because I'm curious and because I personaly like just going to one forum, not 3... but hey that's just me. :D

slothman
04-11-2004, 08:57 PM
Each forum has it's own purpose. Since ZC has alot of threads about it the designers thought it pruedent to split it up so you could tell stuff apart better. Some people like me don't care about music or graphics. Others don't care about bugs and others about suggestions. If ZC were small 1 forum might be good but it is huge. So several are needed. There are even ZC forums regular folk'l like us can't see.

Jarty
04-11-2004, 09:07 PM
Also, some forums are there just to keep people from having to deal with certain idiots and morons that like to spam and try to ruin people's days.

StarFox
04-11-2004, 11:00 PM
I think he means forums as in Armageddon Games, Pure Zelda Classic, ect.

Armageddon Games officially hosts Zelda Classic. Other places, such as Pure Zelda Classic or Zelda Classic Network, are fan sites. They usually keep up to date on everything Zelda Classic, so they'll have ZC updates as soon as AGN does.

I've found that these sites all have different atmospheres. I have signed up for the three sites I mentioned, but in the end, I call PureZC home. It's a friendly atmosphere that keeps up-to-date and has a popular quest and tileset download section.

In the end, three Zelda Classic sites are here because Zelda Classic has become very popular, and people like to show their appreciation by creating websites dedicated to Zelda Classic. I recommend registering at all three. Most people usually end up visiting one more than the other two, so it's really up to what kind of atmosphere you like. =)

slothman
04-12-2004, 01:47 AM
Well in that case I think it's just because the non-AGN sites are fan sites while AGN is the host site. ZC is made here for here. The other sites are dedicated to ZC but don't own it.
EDIT: Now when I say fan I don't mean unofficial fan sites. I believe they are endorsed but ZC's creator. The ZC bunch just wants to stay here though.

CJC
04-12-2004, 01:14 PM
There are also even smaller sites than ZCN and PZC. While ZCN and PZC focus on downloads, music, and tiles, these smaller sites focus on game tricks.

I can think of two of them off the top of my head...

Snort's Site- "My Zelda Classic Quests" (http://mzc.zcworld.net/)
BH4's and Mr. Z's Site- "Zelda Classic Underground" (http://s6.invisionfree.com/The_ZC_Underground/index.php?act=idx)

If you're looking for some downloads, go to the big sites. But if you're looking for some strategy with the program, go to small sites. Each serves its own purpose, and that's why there are so many out there.