PDA

View Full Version : 2D Graphics

zecster
04-11-2004, 09:07 AM
I have been looking to make a 2D game and have been wornding what 2D graphics library is the eastest to learn, well documented, and has the best features. have have found a few: SDL, Allegro and the only i has seen most often. does anyone have anyone opinion on as of these? Well 2 m,ost important thins are Speed and features.

bigjoe
04-11-2004, 02:27 PM
I have been looking to make a 2D game and have been wornding what 2D graphics library is the eastest to learn, well documented, and has the best features. have have found a few: SDL, Allegro and the only i has seen most often. does anyone have anyone opinion on as of these? Well 2 m,ost important thins are Speed and features. I think that others would agree with me that Allegro is pretty easy to learn and fast. Feature filled as well, with support for Windows. Theres, as with any programming, a curve, but it's not impossible to learn.

theplustwo
04-11-2004, 02:31 PM
I'd say explore your options. Don't use allegro just because ZC uses it, but if it's the best thing for your needs, then go ahead and use it. :thumbsup:

zecster
04-11-2004, 03:33 PM
Well, I am. I like asking the same question to different people. I asked this on some forums like gamedev and 3dbuzz, and the sdl forum, and this forum.

bigjoe
04-11-2004, 03:37 PM
I'd say explore your options. Don't use allegro just because ZC uses it, but if it's the best thing for your needs, then go ahead and use it. :thumbsup:
And dont judge Allegro just because ZC uses it. :tongue:

I've seen a very well done console style rpg in it before, and Ninja Gaiden 4.