PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 1+2 for the GBA

KingArthur
04-09-2004, 11:29 PM
I saw this and nearly had a heart attack from the suprise.

Square Enix is bringing two classic role-playing games to Nintendo's portable on a single cartridge.
TOKYO--Next week's Jump Magazine has revealed that Square Enix will port two of its classic Final Fantasy titles to the Game Boy Advance on a single cartridge. Final Fantasy I & II will feature the first two titles in the series, which were released in 1987 and 1988 on the Famicom (called the NES in the US). This will be the second time that the two titles will be compiled into a single cartridge; Square also did it back on the Famicom in 1994. However, the new GBA version will come with upgraded graphics and the ability to save anywhere in the game. Other changes that are known is that magic can now be cast by consuming magic points instead of using limited magic stocks.

Both games also come with new additions that weren't present in their original Famicom releases. Final Fantasy I will have a new dungeon called the "Soul of Chaos", where you uncover new items such as the Ultima Weapon, and fight against historical bosses in the Final Fantasy series, like the ghost train from FF VI. Final Fantasy II will have an extra story line named the "Soul of Rebirth", where you get to play as four of the NPC scenario characters (Ming-Wu, Scott, Joseph, Richard) that lost their lives in the main scenario of the game.

Final Fantasy I & II is scheduled for release in July at the retail price of 6,090 yen ($57). No American released date has been announce

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/04/09/news_6093287.html

Its nice to see that new features have been addad since the orgins realease on PSX. I want this NOW! not later!

Orion
04-09-2004, 11:47 PM
Wow... glad to see a Traditional FF game on a Nintendo system once again. Too bad I got it on PSX about a year ago. A few new features usually don't sell me to buy the same game twice.

Jakq
04-09-2004, 11:50 PM
SCHWEET! I want this so bad, it isnt even funny!

KJAZZ
04-10-2004, 01:16 AM
Hmm. If this does come out in english, I think I'll get it. I have yet to play for more than 10 minutes / beat of either of these games. (Mainly because of the no autoretargeting in battle ... )

Dechipher
04-10-2004, 02:37 PM
If this comes out in English....I"ll probably buy a Game Boy Advance just to play them...

Yoshiman
04-10-2004, 02:41 PM
Nice! But, if it is released in America, I hope the price is lowered a bit. I really don't wanna pay $60 for a GBA game. Although... It is a dual Final Fantasy game...

I wish it was a little more classic also. I prefer using stocked magic rather than MP. In reality, you can cast more than you usually would be able to. Meh, I'll probably get it anyways. :tongue:

Petoe
04-10-2004, 03:55 PM
Yeah, fantastic! I just wonder if the game will ever arrive to Europe...

MottZilla
04-10-2004, 07:31 PM
Petoe, if it never makes it to europe you can just buy a North American copy and it'll be the exact same thing. GBA's have no territorial lockout.

Really people just have to worry about it seeing an english release. However, considering FF Origins came out, and that most GBA games do see english releases, I guess it's likely.

Petoe
04-10-2004, 09:47 PM
Petoe, if it never makes it to europe you can just buy a North American copy and it'll be the exact same thing. GBA's have no territorial lockout.

Really people just have to worry about it seeing an english release. However, considering FF Origins came out, and that most GBA games do see english releases, I guess it's likely.

Oh... yeah, that's true. :sweat: I just forgot. So, if there's going to be an English version I'll definitely get it.

mrz84
04-10-2004, 09:52 PM
already have origins butt this seems too tempting to pass up (especially Dragon Omega is the one who owns origins so if he moves out, its goes with him. pity.....)

KingArthur
04-11-2004, 02:44 AM
When I read that I got the impression that the MP system was optional, and you could use the old spells per day method as well.

Pangolin
04-11-2004, 04:22 PM
Apparently they're thinking of releasing *gasp* FF:7+8 on the 'cube! Yes! At last! I don't care if they don't even bother upgrading the graphics!

Dechipher
04-11-2004, 04:50 PM
Where did you hear this? Any link to an article?

Thad_X_Boyd
04-11-2004, 07:40 PM
What I want to know is if they've fixed some of the OTHER serious flaws in 2. The Origins version of 1 was perfect; virtually every major problem with the original was ironed out. Whereas 2 -- well, you no longer try to hit dead things, but other than that, it's pretty unplayable.

Really I think by far the biggest drawback was the awful item system -- each item takes up an individual slot in your inventory, including key items, which you can't throw away even when you no longer have any need for them. So the farther along you get in the game, THE FEWER ITEMS YOU CAN CARRY.

And another thing -- when do we get 3? 3 was a far superior game to 2, and is STILL the only Final Fantasy never to get a US release.