PDA

View Full Version : Is there a faq or tutorial for importing new tilesets?

automatic
04-08-2004, 03:39 PM
Just wondering if there's a tutorial for using new tilesets. I've noticed that some of the demo games use LTTP and LA tilesets. I've looked around, but haven't found any documentation on how to do this...

Also, a tutorial on how to make and use custom tiles and sprites would be cool, too. If anyone can direct me to one of these (if they exist) I would much appreciate it!

4matsy
04-08-2004, 04:20 PM
In ZQuest, take a look at the bottom of the "File" menu. Notice the "Import" and "Export" options? Click on one of those...a lil' side menu pops up with several formats to choose from.

Now, there's a whole bunch of tilesets over at the PureZC website (http://www.purezc.com/), and I think all of 'em are in either .ZGP ("graphics pack", which contains tiles, palettes, combos, and sprite info), .QST (plain ol' ZC quest file), or a combination of .ZPL (palettes only) and .TIL (tiles only) formats...

Download the tilesets you want, then go back into ZQuest and use that File->Import command I mentioned earlier to add them to your quest. (Except if the tileset already comes as an unpassworded .QST file...then you can just load it up and use it as a base to work off of.)

I think I saw some tile/sprite tutorials posted in the PureZC help/design forums a while ago. Don't have the link right now though, I'll edit this post if/when I find them...

automatic
04-08-2004, 06:22 PM
In ZQuest, take a look at the bottom... etc
Awesome, thanks! I'll check into it.