PDA

View Full Version : Two questions

DanHero
04-07-2004, 03:54 AM
OK, here are my three probbys:

1. Music wont work... :mad:
2: Link wont start up on the starting map.
3: Dungeon doors pöp up on the overworld
maps every once in a while, casuing me to redraw that map.

C-Dawg
04-07-2004, 12:11 PM
Well, one of your problems is pretty clear. Link's apperance depends on two things: the tiles occupying approximately the 5-27 positions (someone correct me if I'm wrong on this) and on whether or not you've selected the Quest Rule "BS Animation." If you did, then you need to change the Link sprites to fit with having three tiles of walking animation. Open up a new quest file and check out where Link is to verify his placement without the BS Animation rule. This will probably fix your title screen problem as well.

-C

CJC
04-07-2004, 05:18 PM
C-Dawg, did someone delete their post or did you just post in the wrong thread, because Danhero mentioned nothing of Link sprites.

Danhero, music has to be selected in the dmap editor. See the pulldown menu that says Midis? Once you've loaded some midis into the game (Go to Quest->Midis to do this) you can select the music you want to play with this pulldown menu.

Um, to fix your starting problem, go to dmap 0 and set the map number to the map you want Link to start on. It may be on the wrong map. To choose the map number, go to the upper left corner of the dmap editor and click on the map pulldown menu. (I think it's up there, haven't worked on dmaps in a while) Select the map you wish Link to start on and then click done.

Dungeon doors pop up on the overworld? Don't draw over them. Go to tools->doors, and then set all four of them to walls. Wall can be drawn over without causing weird things (Like Link walking under grass or something). Replace all doors with walls, and then redraw the edges.

DanHero
04-08-2004, 05:12 AM
"Danhero, music has to be selected in the dmap editor."
I did that before posting the thread, but Hyrule stays silent...
Oh yeah, i have another question ( :odd: )
what do the amulet and boots do?
EDIT: ARRRRRGH!
When Linky enters dungeon 1, he wont enter it on
the right screen! :banghead: *bang, bang, bleed, die*

ShadowTiger
04-08-2004, 06:25 PM
The Amulet lets you see invisible enemies. These "invisible enemies" are ALL enemies in screens where the screen flag "Invis Enemies" are checked. .. that's all. the second Amulet isn't incorporated yet. It'll see the "L2" invisible enemies. .. which.. STILL.. aren't incorporated yet.

And the Boots let you walk over damage combos without taking damage. If the quest rule for it is on, it'll use magic as well. (At an ALARMING rate.)

DanHero
04-09-2004, 04:23 AM
Speaking of Magic, how do you incorporate it into your game?

CJC
04-09-2004, 10:01 AM
There's a quest rule to enable it, and you'll also have to get magic meter tiles.
You can find them in the pure set, or in example_1st_quest, or in some other tileset.

Hmm... I'm really having trouble seeing what you're having trouble with. Could you upload the questfile to filespace (http://filespace.brentdax.com/) and then post a link to it here, so that we could open it up in Zquest and see what your problem is?

DanHero
04-09-2004, 10:43 AM
There's a quest rule to enable it, and you'll also have to get magic meter tiles.
You can find them in the pure set, or in example_1st_quest, or in some other tileset.

Hmm... I'm really having trouble seeing what you're having trouble with. Could you upload the questfile to filespace (http://filespace.brentdax.com/) and then post a link to it here, so that we could open it up in Zquest and see what your problem is?

I just got the latest version of zc, that did a dr pepper on me.
dont know what i mean? i meant it solved all my problems :laughing: .