PDA

View Full Version : Graduated Basic Training

Brasel
04-06-2004, 02:58 PM
Hey guys, I graduated basic training last Thursday. I'm at AIT (advanced individual training) and its so much more relaxed. I've noticed that I can't type anymore.

Basic training had to have been the hardest thing I've ever done in my entire life, but I made it through, and I'm a much stronger person both physically and mentally. I'll hopefully drop in later and tell you guys more about it sometime.

I also got engaged on graduation day, everythings going great for me.

~Sir Anthony

deathbyhokie
04-06-2004, 03:19 PM
I also got engaged on graduation day

dude, that sucks.

congrats on getting out of basic though.

SixTen
04-06-2004, 03:21 PM
I am guessing by your description of basic training as 'hard' more or less that you are not in the air force. What branch?

Brasel
04-06-2004, 03:33 PM
I'm a soldier for the United States Army. This time next year, I'll probably be in Iraq!

SixTen
04-06-2004, 03:37 PM
Well then. Congratulations and I'm sorry. Unless you really want to go to Iraq then congratulations again. My dad went over. He told us he was going to Qatar, nice and safe. Then he sends us pictures from Baghdad.

But what really ticked me off about him being shipped out was he was due to retire in 6 months. I thought the Air Force really screwed him there. I mean, what if he died? Right before retirement? That would kinda suck.

But he's fine now, he came back early and served the rest of his deployment in Florida (He's a weather forecaster.) and he is now retired from active duty. :)

Brasel
04-06-2004, 03:45 PM
Nah, I'm not excited about going to Iraq, and chances are, I won't end up going. Good about your dad though.

moocow
04-06-2004, 04:11 PM
Congrats Anthony :)

Gerudo
04-06-2004, 04:38 PM
TONY YOU BASTAGE! how the hell are ya?

congrats on getting engaged, and also getting through basic training!

EWild
04-06-2004, 06:24 PM
Congrats on getting married and finishing basic training. It's good to hear you turned out all right. ;) Come back and tell us all about it later, k?

Gerudo
04-06-2004, 06:34 PM
Congrats on getting married

engaged

he's not married... yet...

Dechipher
04-06-2004, 06:35 PM
Hey man, nice to see you! It's been a while; still listening to the goodness that is Metallica, I'm sure. How exactly was trainging? (When you get time, of course.)

EWild
04-06-2004, 06:58 PM
he's not married... yet...

Yeah, I can read, but I can't type. Well, congrats on getting engaged. ;)

Ich
04-06-2004, 07:00 PM
Wow, that's great. I kind of liked how you threw on engagement as kind of an afterthought.

Menokh
04-06-2004, 07:40 PM
Its nice to see you again.
Congrats on the engagement and finishing basic hell.. er, training. I hope you don't end up in Iraq, it's too dangerous there for anyone.
Well good luck!

Pablo
04-06-2004, 08:50 PM
Cool. I've been contemplating going into the military after high school, I'll have to see how it turns out for you. I'd like to end up in the Navy or hopefully the Air Force, but who knows what'll happen?

SixTen
04-06-2004, 08:51 PM
Engaged.

The chains are forming and soon the lock that will end your life will slam shut with a deafening 'click'.
In the words of Homer Simpson: "Marriage is like a coffin, and each kid is another nail."

Haha. jk

Congratulations, (again i believe). Happy for ya.

Brasel
04-08-2004, 02:41 PM
Basic training was hard, but it was really fun at times too. Kind of like summer camp. Shooting rifles and stuff was fun. Machine gunning was cool. I used the SAW, but we didn't get to use many rounds for that due to the war and all. Sleeping outside for a week was neat, really cold at night though. Tactical movements were easy. The material and the stuff you had to do was easy, the hard part was being away from home and family with no phone calls or anything like that, and the drill sergeants constantly belittling you. It sucked, but it was all for the better in the end. I'm so much more grown up now, and a much stronger person.

Rydia
04-08-2004, 09:59 PM
Congrats on finishing Basic Training. I can say from experience that it is very difficult and stressful. AIT is much better though. I am wondering, what MOS are you? Also, where are you at for training?