PDA

View Full Version : Problems in conversion from B163 to B183?

pLeitorian
04-04-2004, 02:10 PM
Recently I released a B163 beta version of one of my quests (see quest announcements/discussion). Trouble is, I've upgraded to WinXP Pro, and now I can only run 1.92 Beta 183 of ZC. Beta 163 crashes.

So I loaded up my Beta 163 quest into the 182/183 editor and most everything changed over correctly. I also found that the 183 player would play the 163 quest. However, a couple things are giving me trouble:

(1) The dive sprite got totally messed up. Now it's just an ugly blurry thing. It was fine in the 163 version.

(2) I can't seem to make a game icon for Gold Link - everything I do comes up black. The green/blue/red ring Links are OK.

I've checked the tutorials and haven't seen anything that would address this... any help appreciated. I'd like to wrap this quest up...

Sephiroth
04-04-2004, 04:30 PM
hmm. I got answers. :)

1.) Move the dive sprites to the right 3 tiles.
2.) Insert a new pallete under quest -> palletes -> extra sprite pallets -> 1 -> pallete 12. That should give you a gold ring link game icon. :)

EX.

Dive sprites V
http://mzc.zcworld.net/tiles.GIF
^ Link holding up with 1 hand

Hope it works for you. :thumbsup:

pLeitorian
04-05-2004, 12:35 AM
Snort: If I move the dive sprites to the right three tiles in the tile editor, they'd be on top of the Ganon sprites...

Will try the palette thing tomorrow after backing up the quest. I know I had a bear of a time doing palettes just to get Gold Link himself working correctly (and the gold ring is kind of ugly, too - I had to make a weird one with everything being black)

Sephiroth
04-05-2004, 12:39 AM
Then you should move the swim tiles to a new tile page where it won't have that effect. then in the quest menu under sprites, choose weapons/misc -> misc. swim and you can choose the first tile of your swim tiles. :) then that problem is solved. :)

pLeitorian
04-05-2004, 12:53 AM
What's weird is that all the swim tiles look fine... the swimming works perfectly, it's just the dive sprites.

Btw, this is off-topic but I'll mention it while I'm here: in Beta 163, midi #32 played in Ganon's room, but in 183, it just plays the regular music for the level? Am I missing something here? I know you can do music with scrolling warps, blah blah, but I also know that there used to be something that made "special" music for the Ganon fight where you didn't have to do much... any idea?