PDA

View Full Version : Dual monitor question

AtmaWeapon
04-03-2004, 09:42 PM
I am looking for another monitor because of a problem I have with ZC and ZQuest. When another window attempts to take focus, not only does it screw up the palette, it causes random unsatisfactory things to happen to Windows. For example, all my icons get rearranged to the new resolution, all taskbar icons disappear until reboot, and sometimes active desktop goes away.

Since it is a laptop LCD monitor with only one resolution intended for display, I get a lovely little balloon tip message when the resolution changes. This attempts to steal focus and the net result is it screws everything up within 10 seconds of opening ZC or ZQuest. I've used the -windowed switch, but the result is roughly 1 inch tall and 1 1/4 inch wide on my screen, hardly satisfactory. Just discovered the switch to make ZQuest larger, but it causes some kind of weird glitches and FCF's post made it seem like for now it's experimental.

I have a solution, but I need help with it. I am building a new computer soon, so I figured I'd go ahead and buy a monitor. My laptop has support for an external monitor, so I figured I'd either dual-monitor or use the external as the only monitor.

So, for the question: How do I get a program to always try and start on monitor 2 if I am doing dual-monitor?

fatcatfan
04-03-2004, 11:43 PM
Unfortunately I don't know the answer to your question. However, I've implemented scaling in ZQuest. This isn't the large mode, it's the original just scaled by an integer factor. Theoretically it supports any positive integer, but it gets more costly the bigger you go. This feature will be in the next alpha/beta release, and as we work towards a full release it should remain. I use it in my personal testing and working on the code, and it seems to be bug free thus far.
(nam) (http://webpages.charter.net/fatcatfan/images/zc/scale.png)
(also nam) (http://webpages.charter.net/fatcatfan/images/zc/scale2.png)

AtmaWeapon
04-04-2004, 12:04 AM
Excellent. I look forward to being able to do that. :)