PDA

View Full Version : Double homicide of police outside our town

Toolie
04-01-2004, 05:01 PM
Two deputies shot to death serving warrant (http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Northeast/04/01/deputies.shot.ap/index.html)

There are quite a few roadblocks around town and the area. It’s sickening the amount of pain and suffering some people will cause to avoid just punishment for a minor offense. This man is not going to be very fortunate when local and state police get a hold of him. I’d imagine a negligible amount of mercy will be given to his sorry ass.

Crazily that's not the first thing this small rural area has been in the national spotlight for... a much more publicized event was on national evening news in Southside outside of Elmira as a kid tried to bring guns and explosives to Southside High School. The school is notorious otherwise, as well. The athletic fields are built on a carcinogenic dump; the rate of cancer fatalities from it is amazing.

Pablo
04-01-2004, 08:04 PM
The athletic fields are built on a carcinogenic dump; the rate of cancer fatalities from it is amazing.
Heh, that sounds familiar. One of the high schools in my area has a football field built over an old Nike missile base, and from what I hear, the parents are constantly moaning about radiation poisoning affecting their kids, although as far as I know it's not dangerous enough for the field to get shut down. Why would you build a school or other public congregation place near something so toxic and harmful, though? I mean, why take the risk?

bigjoe
04-01-2004, 08:08 PM
That happened in my town a couple years ago. There was an escapee from a mental hospital who must have gotten ahold of a gun. Two officers down. Had a funeral and everything. Sickens me to see that men serving the peace can be killed. It's part of stereotyping, though. Everyone likens cops to "pigs". Not all cops are bad because of the very few racist Texan cops you see on tv.

Glitch
04-01-2004, 08:35 PM
The shootings startled residents in quiet Bradford County, a farming region dotted with red barns and grazing cattle. Mike Powers, mayor of the nearby community of Troy, said residents "still keep our keys in the ignition and our doors unlocked at night."

What's up with that last part.......anyone wanna go on a crime spree in Troy with me ;)

Toolie
04-01-2004, 08:54 PM
Troy is a gross hick town... Sayre's the largest most "urban-like" town in the whole Northern Tier. I know that myself and a lot of people I know definately lock our doors at night.

Glitch
04-01-2004, 08:58 PM
*snaps fingers* Damn >:)