PDA

View Full Version : Underwater swim animations

*b*
04-01-2004, 02:28 PM
I was thinking, you know in LA how, in certain places Link could dive underwater? would it be possible to apply that to ZC, only not sideview? it's require a new combo, Underwater

while underwater, Link would move a little slower, and if you pressed B, it'd make him swim a little faster

this could work with the Swim Warp combo, or a new combo 'Dive'. Link would just simply warp to a new map

idontknow
04-01-2004, 04:51 PM
Well, it could be called "deep water". In shallow water, most of link's body is shown (actually, its just the walking animation plus the "ripples" sprite over link) and he can use weapons. In water we have now, most of his body is submerged & only his head can be seen. In deep water, link is shown swimming underneath the water (as if underneath a transparent layer) and when pressing B, instead of diving, he swims faster.

Jigglysaint
04-01-2004, 05:49 PM
Best solution is to have a warp that when you press the A button, you warp as if it's a pit warp. There could be regular, and a swim one as well. for undewater, use either an overlayer of water, or make it look blue, and use slow combos. Two more things to make it better is to have it so only b button items work on the map, and to have the A button, on a special slow combo, make you speed up. it could be called underwater combo. Also good are tile specific d-maps, that load a different link tile(or while on this now slow tile you show another animation.

*b*
04-01-2004, 06:10 PM
I'm not talking about watching link swim underwater, I'm talking about actually changing maps to an underwater map, a whole new area