PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever been tricked?

AtmaWeapon
03-31-2004, 10:00 PM
Have you ever been tricked on the internet? I know when the first round of goatse links hit, I was tricked pretty often but now I am wiser! I fell for "Press Ctrl + D for the games section" once. I even fell for "Press Alt + F4 for more information" once.

On the other hand, I like tricking people sometimes. My favorite prank so far was when I made a new name on AIM. I convinced this guy from my church no one likes that I was a 16 year old girl, I even googled up a pretty hot image as my picture. My name? Terra Bradford. (Points if you can guess the game.) I had him going for a few days until one of the girls from school I was using as credibility ratted on me. :mad: I never really told her who I was either, though, so it all worked out.

I expect lots of funny replies. :)

Solaris_Omega
03-31-2004, 10:03 PM
Sounds like me too, I have done things like that in the past, but i don't anymore... I made some pretty bad scew ups before, and now i regret them. But hey you gotta live a little to learn a little...

Feasul
03-31-2004, 10:12 PM
I'm not a big fan of pranks, but as long as you don't pull them on me, then no harm, no foul in my book. By the way, what does Ctrl + D do?

theplustwo
03-31-2004, 10:21 PM
Once there was this thread that tricked me into replying in another thread... Some called it spam, others said it was all in good fun.

Me? I just ate a delicious taco!

Oh, and CTRL+D creates a bookmark to the current page.

Master Ghaleon
03-31-2004, 10:21 PM
Damn haunted faygo cans :cry:

SixTen
03-31-2004, 10:51 PM
Yes, I think I have just been tricked. :mad: :laughing:

Eckels
03-31-2004, 10:57 PM
*Eckels sneers at MG

Jemsee
03-31-2004, 11:21 PM
My name? Terra Bradford. (Points if you can guess the game.) I expect lots of funny replies. :)

Terra Bradford - Major player in FF3(6)
"She's such an enigma even she doesn't know a great deal about herself. Her father was an esper, letting her use magic easily, but her gift was taken advantage of by the evil Kefka, who put a slave crown on her head and robbed her of all conscious thought. Will she be able to repay Kefka for all that he has done, not only to her, but the entire world?

Terra represents the re-birth of magic. She has abilities the likes of which on one in the world has seen before. The evil army has tried to harness her magic powers, but the magic of the Espers will see to it that she will escape from the army's control."
- stolen from somewhere off the net

slothman
03-31-2004, 11:27 PM
Well I am usually tricked on "fool's day" since I am trusting. I generally dislike fool's day since people end up lieing. I just assume people would tell the truth but I guess I have too much faith in mankind.

SixTen
03-31-2004, 11:32 PM
Well I am usually tricked on "fool's day" since I am trusting. I generally dislike fool's day since people end up lieing. I just assume people would tell the truth but I guess I have too much faith in mankind.

You should learn to expect this sort of think on April 1. I used to be pretty trusting too. Then I was made a fool of and now I am skeptical about almost everything.

theplustwo
04-01-2004, 12:13 AM
Yeah, if you are too trusting, people will find out your weaknesses and make a fool out of you... an April fool, if you will.

SixTen
04-01-2004, 12:15 AM
I was an April fool. In sixth grade. But no longer. No there were no exploding cars on the way to school. I shall be tricked NO MORE!! :D

goKi
04-01-2004, 12:27 AM
A friend and I faked his death to get rid of his annoying online girlfriend. We had to pull out of that prank, though, because she thought that one of her friends had killed him, and she was going to call the cops on her friend. Was a good laugh for the few hours though.

Pablo
04-01-2004, 12:42 AM
Yes, but I try not to make a habit of it. I'm not big on playing tricks on people, though.