PDA

View Full Version : GameCube - Skies of Arcadia Legends

Ganon's Minion
03-30-2004, 09:55 PM
Alright alright I know that there is a similar recent thread about this game. But I thought I would start by asking any GameCube players what you think about this game. (of course, that is, if you have actually played it). I think it is a top notch sweet game. One of the best RPG's I have ever played, of course, next to games like Zelda. ;) But it is great.

Just today I managed to pull off beating Lord Galcian in his ship on my first try. I never would have dreamed that one of the toughest hand-to-hand battles in the entire game would be beaten on my first try. It was pretty cool. Anyone else beaten him on your first try?

I'm kind of sad right now, because I know that I am starting the near the end of the game, and there are so many good memories of it. It is an awesome game, and every GameCube owner should check it out 110% for sure, as I said before in another thread.

On a side note, I have another quick question for any gamers. With Skies', I almost feel like I wish I could be Vyse in the game, like it is actually real. I just want my own life to go away, and be able to have all of the adventures just like in the game. Is it just me, or does anyone ever get that feeling about any game....? It's sort of funny, but I'm just wondering.

So, all in all, any thoughts about the gameplay, value, or graphics of Skies of Arcadia Legends for the GCN? (although it is available for the Dreamcast..I don't like it at all) :tongue:

Pangolin
04-01-2004, 08:09 AM
I go round, now I've finished it, looking for suitable places for a civillisation to live. Currenlt my favourite Uninhabited island is one in the north ocean, just south of Gordo's Bistro. AND the largest island in the valley of Islands too.
I won't spoil the ending for anyone, but the things at the end are totally awe inspiring... The end "credits" were so uplifting - its just such an amazing feeling.
Tip for Galician for anyone - I died 3 times before I thought up a strategy. First time, he killed Fina - so no Riselem, then he eventaullay killed everyone else with the dreaded "Eternes". The 2nd time he did the same thing, the thrid time he killed my party oin his first turn - with Eternes, a complete kill. Then I realised that Gilders Special move - Aura of Denial - prevents any move that changes status! So Eternes does nothing! It works for ***Spoiler*** Ramirez*** too. However, the very last batt;e in the entire game is the best moment in Music history - Its like a collection of every brilliant tune in the game.
And I have the soundtrack! So I stick repeat on and listen to it about 20 times. But playing through SoA, and finishing it, makes you feel as if you've finished a real quest, or half of a very good life.

Ganon's Minion
04-01-2004, 06:45 PM
I beat the game. hehe I beat Ramirez/Zelos/Ramirez first try, just like Galcian. Ending was awesome, though I wish it stayed like everyone actually knew that you defeated Ramirez and stuff. But I guess you get to play Ramirez again this way. Oh well...

I'm surprisingly good at this game. Not to brag.