PDA

View Full Version : Gravedigging

SixTen
03-27-2004, 10:12 PM
Sorry about that thing in the 'Glenn is Evil' poll. I didn't check the dates on that obviously. I will pay more attention in the future.
I am just here to clear my name. It showed up on my screen like someone just posted in it, so I am not totally at fault.

If for some reason this is spam then I don't mind if a mod deletes this.

AtmaWeapon
03-27-2004, 10:18 PM
In this thread, the part of the thread necromancer will be played by SixTen.

SixTen: RISE, MY MINION! RISE!!!
:)

Really, I've had a lot of trouble finding the post dates since the switch. I don't know why; they aren't really that far from where they were to begin with, but it always requires a bit of searching. I think they should be this big.

Eckels
03-27-2004, 10:27 PM
something that SHOULD be fixed, is a thread shouldn't be bumped when someone votes on a poll. it makes it look like theres a new post, when there isnt.

SixTen
03-27-2004, 10:29 PM
Maybe make it so that when a thread gets so old you can't post in it? After a while it is considered gravedigging anyway so I don't see how that would be a problem if it can be done.

inori
03-28-2004, 01:13 AM
We used to have a hack like that under vB2. Problem is, it was a hack that Shadowblazer coded in, so he has to do it all over again for vB3.

Generally, though, it seems fairly easy to avoid gravedigging if you (a) keep the threads sorted by last activity or (b) only reply to threads with "new post" icons. If you're not doing one of these, use extra caution in checking post dates. ;)

AtmaWeapon
03-28-2004, 01:21 AM
Poll voting raises the "new post" icon though. I've narrowly avoided gravedigging more than once because of this.

worst vacation ever is still underway