PDA

View Full Version : The official "Disabled Parking Only" Thread

Ibis, God of Magicks
03-25-2004, 09:00 PM
Now, I know there are some people that are honestly deserving of the parking prevlidge. But there are some that aren't.

Now, If You can drive a GIANT SUV that is 5 feet of the ground, jump out without hurting yourself, then IN my opinion, you can walk your ass to the store from any where in the building.

LIkewise, if you can use your left foot on the clutch of a dragster, your right foot for the gas, your left arm for the steering wheel, and your right arm for the shift knob, then everything on your body works well enough for you to fucking walk.

Gerudo
03-25-2004, 09:24 PM
i noticed that too, theres a fricken monster truck with a handicap sticker on the bumper and a little thing hung on the mirror...

doesnt make much sense, eh?

moocow
03-25-2004, 10:25 PM
Yeah, I saw a jackedup escalade in the handicapped parking at Wal*Mart once. Handicapped sticker and all.

Solaris_Omega
03-25-2004, 10:40 PM
I concure with that, I have a friend who had a handicap sticker in his window and he isn't even handicapped. It is for his grandmawhen she is with him... Actually he is not really even a good friend... Anyways though, He does over use it.

kariqual_insanity
03-26-2004, 12:43 AM
I have a hanicapped thing for when my grandmother is with me, but I don't abuse it Solaris Omega. I only use it if she is with me.

I have very stong feelings for people that take advantage of hanicapped parking when they don't need it, just because they are lazy fucks.

goKi
03-26-2004, 08:28 AM
I was talking with a parking inspector who comes into work regularly, and he told me that some people are under the impression that you are allowed to park in handicapped spaces for 3 minutes, or if you leave the engine running. So if idiots can believe that handicapped spaces are for anything other than handicapped people, im sure there are idiots who can give the handicap permits to someone who is not handicapped.

Drunken Tiger
03-26-2004, 09:17 AM
Correct me if im wrong.. but i thought that they hand out those things to the terminally ill as welll.... Because my friends mom had one, but sadly she passed away.. Maybe im mistaken.. :shrug:

inori
03-26-2004, 11:49 AM
It's illegal to lend or borrow a handicap permit, or to use it to park in a handicap spot if the person to whom it was issued is not actually in the car. The problem is that this law is nearly impossible to enforce - and the world is full of people whose laziness and/or lack of morals permit them to take advantage of that fact.

theplustwo
03-26-2004, 01:36 PM
You should only be allowed a handicap sticker if you drive a full-size van. =P

SUCCESSOR
03-26-2004, 09:03 PM
I got one word for ya... "sugar in the gas tank."

MANDRAG GANON
03-26-2004, 09:10 PM
he told me that some people are under the impression that you are allowed to park in handicapped spaces for 3 minutes, or if you leave the engine running.
You can stop anywhere if you don't turn your car off. Its perfectally legal becasue a car is not parked unless it is off. If the car is still on its only stopped not parked.

goKi
03-26-2004, 11:50 PM
That isnt quite the case over in Aussie land. once you step a certain amount of meters away from the car, you are illegally parked, to my knowledge.

Drunken Tiger
03-27-2004, 05:24 AM
Not sure if this is happening anywhere else.. But theyre fining people for having their parked cars unlocked.... :shrug:

Rainman
03-27-2004, 12:00 PM
What gets me confused is when there are too much handicap parking spaces. I go to the local mall and there are like 10 - 12 spots per store. My family and I always wonder if they are expecting a handicapped people convention or something. As usual, it's probably just some law quided by ideology not praticality.

Ibis, God of Magicks
03-28-2004, 12:26 AM
I got one word for ya... "sugar in the gas tank."

Suger nothing, you want to realllllly fuck it up, but a tampon in the gas tank. It'll get sucked into the gas line, and expand and totally stop fuel flow, then the gas pump will creat a vacum, sucking the tampon throught it, leaving fibers and shit the whole way.

End result, reaplacing the entire gas system, tank, lines, pump, everything.

deathbyhokie
03-28-2004, 02:15 AM
or if it's an older car, a ping pong ball will work. it'll get caught whenever they rev the engine, cutting off gas flow. then when they stop, it'll float back up. it's a helluva lot more annoying.