PDA

View Full Version : Skies of Arcadia syndrome

Pangolin
03-25-2004, 09:22 AM
Okay I'm obsessed. Its been out for about six million years, but I can't stop playing it. The other day I bought the soundtrack, and its the only thing I've been able to listen to. So when it comes to may, I'm going to have my own personal tribute to the game (it came out on GC last year then). I seriously must be crazy, as now that I've done everything, I just play it over and over abagin, and just look around. How wierd. Anyway, so I think I'm suffering from Skies of Arcadia syndrome, a total obsession of it, juist playing it just to talk to all of the NPCs (again) and look at the islands (again) or just do the whole thing again (again). Are there any other "sufferers or am I the only one?

aces2022
03-25-2004, 09:55 AM
Doesn't it suck? To have the syndrome i mean.

King
03-25-2004, 05:09 PM
I'm currently bidding for the game on eBay. I'm winning so far.

King Link
03-25-2004, 10:27 PM
Really? Interesting. I didn't think anybody else was playing SoA since it already came out on the GameCube last year, and originally came out on DC in 2000. I have the game for GameCube. I got it for Christmas, and last weekend, I spent about 20 hours playing it. It becomes difficult sometimes, but I'm at the end now.

SPOILERS BELOW. WARNING! DO NOT READ BEYOND THIS POINT IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO HAVE PARTS OF THE STORY GIVEN AWAY!
-----------

I am currently fighting Ramirez at the very end of the game. I finally beat him and then I found out I couldn't save. I had to fight the last Gigas (which Ramirez was "absorbed into") and now I know I'll have to fight Ramirez again.

The game is addicting, very fun and epic. Unfortunately, a sequel with newer, better graphics does not seem to be anywhere on the near horizon. We should start a petition! We want a sequel Sega (or at least I do)!

Also, the Delphinus is awesome!

Ganon's Minion
03-26-2004, 12:07 AM
Hehe. Yeah I agree I had absolutely no idea that anyone either than myself still played this game considering the age of it now. Well, it isn't really that old yet, but it is very addicting yeah. I haven't had a whole lot of time to play it the last couple of days, but over Spring Break I plan on getting much further.

I am only when you fight De Loco the 2nd time in the ships. Of course, I only have the Little Jack and he has his Chameleon so it's pretty difficult. But I know I'll beat him soon,

Pangolin
03-26-2004, 09:31 AM
I wouldn't get out of bed for 2 days when I finished it. Depressed, see... now I just go round finding all of the dicoveries. I got Domingo a few days ago.
Oh just a wondering, if anyone has finished it, but is on the save before the room to Ramirez, do you know how to find Vyze the black pirate? You know, the imposter. I've been told hes in Nasrad, but I can't find him. Does he dissapear when you come to the final battle with Ramirez? (By the way, having the syndrome is brilliant)
Bring on Skies of Arcadia 2 I say. (And the black moon ((The one in the dark rift)) What type of magic would it govern? Time?)

Ganon's Minion
03-26-2004, 01:04 PM
Hehe yeah I know exactly how you feel, it would be sweet to have another SoA game. It's so much fun!!