PDA

View Full Version : About online games

idontknow
03-24-2004, 07:16 PM
When a playstation2 game says that it has online play, does that mean that it is mandatory to play online & that you can't play it all offline? Does this depend on the game? For example, can Final Fantasy XI be played offline?

Mak-X
03-24-2004, 07:24 PM
I don't know the specifics of PS2 games, but most video games usually have an online mode in addition to a offline game. FFXI is a Massively Multiplayer Online RPG so it is online only.

MagmaLord
03-28-2004, 09:00 PM
I, for one, hope that this is not the trend, those greedy money-grubbing sacks of putrid camel vomit, but I digress. The trend seems to be that the games are getting made better, faster, ... but to double-charge for a game is complete B.S.(Barbara Streisand). Probably the only way someone could make me play FF XI is for them to pay the online dues, or if the dues were unlimited online play for a dollar a month.

King
03-28-2004, 09:03 PM
If a game can only be played online, I think it would say so on the case. It's not hard to find this information otherwise.

Pablo
03-28-2004, 09:25 PM
Depends on the game. Usually the box says 'Online Ready', meaning it has an online mode, or 'Online Only', of which the meaning is obvious.