PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Official Threads" Thread

theplustwo
03-24-2004, 10:34 AM
What's up with all the "Official Threads" popping up recently? I don't see a lot of 'immitator' threads claiming to be official, to the point where the distinction would need to me made...

Anyhow, this was just meant as a joke, because I was bored.

Discuss.

Foxy
03-24-2004, 12:10 PM
"All" the official threads? ...I only see two. And since mine was the first, then I'm in the clear. :evil:

Besides, "official" doesn't have to mean that there are other, less official threads of the same idea out there. It just means that it's authorized by a proper authority...in other words, the baby name thread is authorized by me, because I'm the one having the baby and I'm the one that's going to be deciding which names win. If someone else made a thread looking for baby names for me but without my consent, it wouldn't be very official, now would it?

As far as "The official baseball thread"...well, you'll have to get Riku's comment for that one. :tongue:

bigjoe
03-24-2004, 12:21 PM
Heh, this reminds me of when J.J. used to make those "From the Department" posts.

Good stuff. :D

"From the Department of Interplanetary Agriculture in The Sled Dog Nationals Department of Departments"

Just an example. :tongue:

You know I'm pulling at ya. :)

theplustwo
03-24-2004, 08:26 PM
I actually think that they are funny, there just usually aren't two at the same time like there are right now. Funny like a fox at any rate. Plus, the "department" threads are cool because they remind me of MAD magazine. :D

Ich
03-25-2004, 12:52 AM
Slashdot also has a dept. thing too, like for "What differentiates Linux from Windows?" from the besides-the-occasional-crashes dept.

*b*
03-25-2004, 02:23 AM
ok, call me nuts (which you will), but, I haven't seen any "The official...' threads in a while. maybe it's just me...

Eckels
03-25-2004, 05:21 PM
Official pertaining to what? Who is the governing body who makes the decision on this.

Anyone who calls anything on a message board "official" is an ass.

bigjoe
03-25-2004, 05:29 PM
Perhaps the same could be said of people who make such a big deal out of it. =p Its not like theyre killing babies by naming a thread "Official"

Everyone around here always has a bone to pick with someone over something extremely insignifigant.

It's like...

"Are your shoes untied?"

"Yes..."

"DIE!!!!!!!!!!"

Eckels
03-25-2004, 05:35 PM
remember those gangs that would kill people if they flashed their headlights at em? that was cool.

theplustwo
03-26-2004, 01:21 PM
Or if you simply crossed onto "the wrong side of the railroad tracks" and shouted something like "NIGGERS!!!" they would come after you.

*This post was brought to you by The Kentucky Fried Movie.*

Goat
03-26-2004, 02:25 PM
Nothing is technically official cause shadowblazer or warlord didnt post it. A bunch of peopel started doing it for no reason at all and it annoyed me so I made one to, because thats the cool thing to do

bigjoe
03-26-2004, 02:29 PM
remember those gangs that would kill people if they flashed their headlights at em? that was cool.
Or if you simply crossed onto "the wrong side of the railroad tracks" and shouted something like "NIGGERS!!!" they would come after you.

*This post was brought to you by The Kentucky Fried Movie.* Ah, yes. Collectivism. Not necessarily a bad thing. If two or more people who arent as bright as the rest of their age group team up, and cooperate, they form a living mind that they don't know about, that could very well be more intelligent than that guy who won the science fair. It's not a mind aware of itself, mind you. It's like a bacteria in the world of higher minds. But it is a mind, nonetheless, and the actions of the entire mind are influenced by the beliefs that each of them share. ;)

Anyway, yeah. *flashes headlights and flips bird*

ok, call me nuts (which you will), but, I haven't seen any "The official...' threads in a while. maybe it's just me... You are officially nuts. There are at least 8 of them.

deathbyhokie
03-26-2004, 02:54 PM
You are officially nuts. There are at least 8 of them.

as goat hit upon, all of those showed up after this thread. as a way of mocking TPT.

theplustwo
03-26-2004, 03:08 PM
Actually, there were three before I made this thread.

AtmaWeapon
03-26-2004, 06:38 PM
I think what really happened is the+2 went to the future and came back, but forgot that the official threads had not been posted yet, so he was just ahead of his time.

By the way, I'm on vacation.

moocow
03-26-2004, 06:52 PM
I made mine cause it's funny. Ha ha.

theplustwo
03-27-2004, 08:19 PM
Yeah, it's funny. If I was seriously annoyed by it, I wouldn't have added to the number of "Official Threads."

Although Atma is right, as far as time traveling hijinx are concerned. XD