PDA

View Full Version : Gamecube System Easter Eggs

fatcatfan
03-23-2004, 07:16 PM
Haven't tried these myself yet, but they sound interesting anyway.

15.6 Easter Eggs
To hear a different sound when the console boots hold the Z button down once you turn the console on and as the square bounces down you will hear the noises of kids.
Hold Z then about one second later hold A to hear another sound.
If you have 4 controllers (and 5 hands) this one will work: Before you turn the Gamecube on hold down Z on each controller, then turn the system on (with your 5th hand of course). You will be greeted by a ninja yell.
Holding B on first controller, then powering on will let you switch a pal gamecube into 60Hz mode.

Fiyerstorm
03-23-2004, 09:42 PM
Sorry for my dumbness, but what happens in 60Hz mode? :P

vegeta1215
03-23-2004, 10:14 PM
I tried holding Z during the system start - it made a different sound than normal and then I heard kids laughing. Neat :)

AtmaWeapon
03-23-2004, 10:50 PM
Sorry for my dumbness, but what happens in 60Hz mode? :P
Your TV explodes.

No, likely nothing will really happen, things might look weird. You probably don't have a PAL cube, though, so it won't do anything. I think on NTSC GCNs holding B enables Progressive Scan if your TV supports it.

I'm on vacation, by the way.

MottZilla
03-24-2004, 01:12 AM
PAL TVs ussually refresh at a rate of 50hz or rather 50 frames per second. NTSC TVs refresh at 60hz. Nowdays most PAL TVs support 60hz though so modern systems ussually support running at 60hz. :O Now if you are using a game timing system that involves the refresh rate of the monitor it can really effect the game. Many NES games run slower in their PAL versions. This is really apparent with the Genesis Mega Man Wily Wars as the music is slowed down.

Archibaldo
03-24-2004, 09:49 PM
That's pretty cool, I just tried it now, how did you figure this out?

Orion
03-24-2004, 11:21 PM
These have been posted on GameFaqs and About and other places since the GameCube was released. I think you can also find them at IGN now too, pretty much any place that shows you cheats.