PDA

View Full Version : EarthBound 2?

Riku
03-22-2004, 09:54 PM
Ok well ive heard for a very long time from random people that there was to be a EarthBound 2 for N64 and GC but i dont know...anyone have any thoughts?

Tygore
03-22-2004, 09:57 PM
I know Nintendo currently plans to release Mother 1 & 2 (The unreleased in U.S. Earthbound prequel and the game we know as Earthbound) to GBA, so this may mean they finally plan to finish the story with Mother 3.

*b*
03-22-2004, 11:11 PM
actually, Mother 1+2 has already been released in Japan, though I haven't seen any news on a NA release. Mother 3 is also being released for GBA sometime this year (so nintendo says...)

I've never really been a fan of earthbound, but the Japaneese Mother 1 looks interesting, and having Mother 2 on the GBA might just be worth it

EWild
03-23-2004, 07:45 PM
Well... Earthbound for SNES is really Mother 2, so you're really looking for Mother 3 info.

And if I remember correctly, Earthbound didn't sell too well in North America so they decided not to release another one. :( But don't quote me on that.

EDIT: Well nevermind. Mother 3 is supposeldy being shown at E3. But I was sure they wern't going to release another EB. Heh, it was good I was wrong, I can't wait for it! :D

Yoshiman
03-23-2004, 08:28 PM
There was supposed to be a Mother3 for the N64, but Nintendo canned the project. There is some talk about Mother1+2 being released in Japan, but there's no word on a North American release :shrug: