PDA

View Full Version : Shady Oaks

fajz
03-22-2004, 02:14 PM
Has anyone actually played this quest? Ilooked back on the forum all the way to the beginning. and found nothing. If you have played this quest....I have gotten the fire sword and Boomerrang. Where the hell do I go from here. I can't get out of the beginning "forest" area. Where is level 1.

Jigglysaint
03-25-2004, 11:20 PM
I think I've played this quest, once or twice. What you need to do is slash the end of the pathway that leads into the desert. The grass tile will disappear and there will be stairs. If you used your fire and looked for a hidden staircase, you would have found the hint. Also try burning rocks to get exp points, you will need them soon.

fajz
03-29-2004, 09:18 AM
IN level 4 there is a large chest with 2 spiders guarding it. Is the Bow and arrow somewhere that I can get to it before L3 and 4? Also is the wallet near the lake that's close to L3 & 4? That is the wallet I need to give too some boy to get the Firesword.

Jigglysaint
04-01-2004, 03:36 PM
Wallet is in a secret passage near the start of the game.

Here's a tip: If you can't beat a boss, come back with an item later. The levels arn't beaten in order.

fajz
04-02-2004, 05:29 PM
Where is the hookshot Jiggy? I'm at the east tower but it's full of spikes on the floor.
I seem to need the hookshot. This is a strange quest. the whistle seem to take you to places that you can't get to any other way. I am really having a blast figuring everything out. Thanks for the help.

FZ

Jigglysaint
04-09-2004, 12:58 AM
sorry again for the late reply. Use the fire sword to shoot fireballs at some ice blocks somewhere in the ice maze(that leads to levels 5 and 6)

It should be somewhere near the start, in an area with sort of big block of ice attacked to the right side of the screen.

elise
04-10-2004, 05:18 PM
This is really one big exploration game but somehow I can't find the entrance to level 5/6

Cloral
04-10-2004, 05:21 PM
I don't remember exactly how you get there, but level 5/6 are to the northeast. You have to go through a lake area and then an icy maze. Been a very long time since I played this.

BTW, has anyone else actually completed this quest?

elise
04-10-2004, 06:05 PM
Thanks Cloral was enough of a hint to find it :)

fajz
04-14-2004, 09:56 AM
Can someone tell me where the boots are? Also the key to get into the dungeon in the dessert once you get the hookshot?

elise
04-14-2004, 06:55 PM
think this is where you get the last key ( from a hint text that came with the quest;) )
6: Given to you as a reward from King Tom for finding all the keys.
Check your pm

elise
04-15-2004, 04:50 PM
Sorry sorry sorry for the double posting but
"fajz has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space."
Fajz did you find the twin towers ? I can't find them

Crackers
04-20-2004, 08:20 PM
Can someone send me this quest or tell me where to get it? I have a quest called shady oaks but it has none of the things you talk about. The one I have has long halls and everything and I mean everything needs a key. The only thing I have is the broken sword and a couple of bombs. I've wandered around the screens and most are empty. Also almost all the screens are blue. Is this the same one your playing? :(

elise
04-21-2004, 05:04 AM
Crackers you can get it from ZCN Quest database it's made my Jigglysaint
There is a big part with blue screens and blocks on the south
and it is a bit of a different game then we used to play :)

Crackers
04-22-2004, 08:02 PM
Thanks Elise, I had forgotten about ZCN. I'm going to check it out. :D