PDA

View Full Version : Infinite item in room?

RPGAngel
03-20-2004, 09:09 PM
I remember playing a quest(I think it was ALTADD) that had a room that no matter how man times you entered, left and reentered, the money was still there to collect. I was wondering how to do that.

Thanks

Ganonator
03-20-2004, 10:44 PM
They simply made the cave to that room a level. Instead of just being a special item on the overworld, it was placed inside a dungeon. This guarentees that special money stays, but i'm not so sure about items.

Blonde799
03-21-2004, 09:12 AM
Anyone who's played the Dark Tomb in Link's Treasure Hunt will know of the [near?]infinite bomb area of the first level.

First, set up a room with an item, and have pit combos laid out in front of the item, so that the player can't get the item wthout being warped(this room shoud have the Full Screen Warp screen flag on;I also recommend insta warp)). Now, have an identical room, but you don't have to put the same item there, just give the player a way back to the room leading to the item room. The pit combos in the first room with the item should warp you to the next one. If done right, you should be able to get the item, go back through it, and get it again and again.

ShadowTiger
03-21-2004, 01:56 PM
But eventually, the item stopped appearing. Oh, and I have a question concerning the following line. "and have pit combos laid out in front of the item, so that the player can't get the item wthout being warped" .. Where is it being warped to? The identical room? So how many identical rooms do you have to make?

Blonde799
03-21-2004, 05:27 PM
That's why I put [near?] next to infinite. I don't know exactly how many times it'll continue;it might even be that you'd be able to bypass the pit combos.

I'll be more specific.

"The pit combos in the first room with the item should warp you to the next one. " The next room is the identical room you get warped to, so as to carry over the item's memory.

CJC
03-22-2004, 12:14 AM
There is a far easier way to pull this off.

Make a shop, and set the first (And second if you wish) item at what you want them to be.
{It is essential that you leave the prices of these items at 0}

Next, pick a random item and place it in the last slot. Set a price for it (It doesn't matter, but just in case set the price at 255). Then, a weird glitch occurs. In the game, the two unpriced items appear, but the expensive one does not (I learned this from a glitch in BH4's BoA). I have not tested this in 184 and hope it never gets fixed (or has gotten fixed), but this is a way to make an infinite supply of items that never runs out. (As shops always come back.)

Blonde799
03-22-2004, 09:37 AM
That's easier, but it has conditions and it's the result of a glitch, which has probably been fixed already/will be fixed. I wouldn't use this method if I wanted to retain compatibiliy in future versions of ZC.

lord_jamitossi
03-22-2004, 07:21 PM
For all we know, it could have been done on purpose so that you could do exactly that.

Blonde799
03-22-2004, 09:57 PM
I thought Full Screen Warp was for just that?