PDA

View Full Version : yet another warp suggestion

*b*
03-19-2004, 09:17 PM
ok, this is a cool one, because I have a demo of it. just click the link, it'll explain it better than I ever could

oh, and be warned, it's an AVI file, and it's not from a zelda game, so BigJoe, don't freak on me, ok? :D

bigjoe
03-20-2004, 08:35 AM
Oh I wasnt trying to freak on you in that last thread. It's just that I didnt see AVI files as a feasible implementation, without any support whatsoever for them in Allegro.

Anyway, the file doesnt seem to work.

*b*
03-20-2004, 01:07 PM
Oh I wasnt trying to freak on you in that last thread. It's just that I didnt see AVI files as a feasible implementation, without any support whatsoever for them in Allegro.

what I meant was, it's not something from Zelda, and you seem to want to keep ZC a perfect Zelda clone as much as possible... nevermind...

Anyway, the file doesnt seem to work.

how so?

bigjoe
03-21-2004, 10:34 AM
what I meant was, it's not something from Zelda, and you seem to want to keep ZC a perfect Zelda clone as much as possible... In all regards related to the original quests, Zelda Classic WILL remain a perfect clone , or else it wont rightly be called Zelda Classic.

But in any other case, like with new features that are on a 'per quest' basis, there are no limitations.

I have never implied that I want EVERY SINGLE QUEST made with Zelda Classic to be a clone of The Legend of Zelda. However, I want the first two quests to stay true to their roots. Is that a problem?

*b*
03-21-2004, 03:34 PM
actually, if I remember correctly, ZC wasn't origionaly Zelda Classic, but Zelda DX as it was to be more than just a clone, but PM had to change it because of the re-release of Link's Awakening

bigjoe
03-21-2004, 03:45 PM
actually, if I remember correctly, ZC wasn't origionaly Zelda Classic, but Zelda DX as it was to be more than just a clone, but PM had to change it because of the re-release of Link's Awakening That's a good point. However, part of it came from inspiration as well. There were a lot of people who pulled for it to be more like the original. For example, one guy even offered to compose NES synthesizer music for such a clone.(his offer still pends) And at this point in time, it is called Zelda Classic , because it is a port of a Classic to the PC. Would you like, instead, for it to go back to being Zelda DX? That would be nice, but Nintendo has recently re-instituted and re-enforced copyrights on it's newer games.(as well, Capcom holds some of the copyrights to Zelda games, and they have been known to really come down on people.)

Now, I hope I'm not sounding irate, but 'Zelda DX' is not 'Zelda Classic', despite that they share roots in programming. Zelda Classic (http://www.jcraner.com/zc/index.html) is a tribute to the greatest video game of all time: Nintendo's "The Legend of Zelda".(Source: Phantom Menace's very own website.)