PDA

View Full Version : Megaman Battle Network Transmission help!

Monica
03-19-2004, 08:07 PM
As pathetic as this sounds, I can't get past FireMan. >_< Is there any way to dodge his Fireblast? Does Bubbler do double damage like in MMBN? Is there an English dub of the cutscenes? Japanese is great, I'm just curious. How man HP does FireMan have? Am I going to be able to control Lan, because he just walks around his room at the start. (I'm not an old-school fan, I got hooked on MMBN because it was an awesome RPG series)

*b*
03-19-2004, 08:21 PM
jump just before the blast hits you, or dash underneath it (twords him, of course). bring as mane defence chips as you can, he's a tough first boss, it took me 3 tries to beat him

Yoshiman
03-19-2004, 08:31 PM
I belive that Bubbler will do a good amount of damage to FireMan. And don't worry, you don't sound pathetic. It took me a while to get past FireMan (Just wait 'till you get to QuickMan. He's a real pain >.<).

As soon as you figure out the boss's pattern, they're a whole lot easier. Listen to their voices. Before they use an attack, they will day something unique. Try to associate the words with the attack. It will help. And no, you can't change the Japanese voices (English ones probably would have sucked).

Link 101
03-19-2004, 09:15 PM
Yeah, I have watched Yoshi fight him before, I basically got his pattern down cause it took yoshi a long time to win! That game looked tough form what I saw.

*b*
03-19-2004, 09:24 PM
it's not as hard as it looks, as I beat to the final boss, got a busting level S on everyone, and reached the secret boss in 3 days. no I'm not good, it's just easy/short

Monica
03-20-2004, 12:10 PM
Is MMBNT worth it? I thought it was going to be a 3D game that was exactly like the GBA games and I wanted to get all of the storyline. When you say "short" how short exactly? I thought the GBA games were long. Is it shorter than them?

Blonde799
03-20-2004, 12:45 PM
Megaman Network Transmission isn't like the 2D GBA games. It's more like old school NES style Megaman, mixed with the BN universe. You don't explore like the other games, you just get destinations to go to, and you fight enemies and bosses along the way. It's difficult at first, but gets easier as you go along. You'll also do a bit of platforming. It's not terribly simple, as you can backtrack to get items, use program advances, and other battle chips. There's also no choice in dubbing, just japanese all the way. It's shorter than the GBA games, but you'll probably spend at least 10 hours on it. I spent 17 on my last game, as I tried to get everything, and I'll probably spend more trying to get to Bass.

And Fireman is a breeze. Just sit at the left or right side(opposite of the side he's on), and then slide towards him as he shoot his flame. After that, hit him with AquaSwrd. Does lots of damage. Bubbler is good, but the sword is much better(I think it does 100 or so damage, while being opposite water makes him even weaker for more damage, not entirely sure of the amount of damage though, but it's alot). Also make sure you have heat armor on, it defends against heat.

Monica
03-20-2004, 01:08 PM
I've battled him (and been through Den Area) about 15 times, my problem is I just have trouble dodging the fire, and with HeatArmor he kills me in 4 attacks. But I've never gotten an AquaSword. By the way, there are a bunch of Mystery data in the Net on Fire (Den Area 3?) and I have no clue how to get them. Any help? (there are no Walkthroughs at GameFAQs)

I'm kinda dissapointed about it not being like the other games, it would have ruled sooooo much, had it been a super long, important BN game, but I guess that's why the didn't bother to translate it.

*b*
03-20-2004, 02:16 PM
I'm kinda dissapointed about it not being like the other games, it would have ruled sooooo much, had it been a super long, important BN game, but I guess that's why the didn't bother to translate it.

wait a second, didn't bother to translate it? am I missing something? :odd:

oh, and that mystery data is obtainable later in the game, after FireMan

Monica
03-20-2004, 02:22 PM
wait a second, didn't bother to translate it? am I missing something? :odd:

oh, and that mystery data is obtainable later in the game, after FireMan

Eek...I meant translate the voices...^^ Having the original Japanese in a game is awesome, I'm just used to having an English option too.

*b*
03-20-2004, 02:58 PM
oh, lol. I was gonna say, "if they didn't trans late it, how come I could understand it?" :p

oh, and I think you can access the Chip Trader before you battle FireMan, but I'm not sure, as I haven't played it in a long time. but that's where you'd get the AquaSwrd

Monica
03-22-2004, 08:50 PM
I'm glad you told me about Higsby's shop, *b*, I didn't even realize I could get there, even though it's in the email. I went and bought some Bubblers and AquaSwords and guess what took Fireman out? 4 Bubbler shots...that's it... After all that hassle I was stunned. O_O Now I'm at Gutsman, and he's giving me trouble... I have Swords, LongSwords, and Wideswords. How do I combine them into a PA to take Gutsie out?

Blonde799
03-22-2004, 10:03 PM
When you're given chips, I think you have to have the three in the 5 chip set you take into cyber worlds (for example, take FireSwrd, AquaSwrd, and ElecSwrd for LifeSwrd 300 or something). Megaman we'll say "I feel a program advance coming on!" or something silly like that. Just confirm, and you'll do crazy l337 stuff.:p

Gutsman wasn't that hard for me though. I just used projectile chips when he was far away, and then got close to him, and jumped then use a sword chip when he pounds.

Monica
03-22-2004, 11:27 PM
I tried that twice, I chose Sword, LongSword and WideSword all in a row and nothing happened...:(

Blonde799
03-23-2004, 02:48 AM
Try Sword, WideSwrd, and LongSwrd. I remember when I got my first PA, unfortunately it wasn't in a boss level.:(