PDA

View Full Version : Was there a Cave Dmap in the Original 1st / 2nd Quests?

ShadowTiger
03-17-2004, 03:05 PM
An interesting thought occurred to me. Was there ever a "cave" style Dmap in The Legend Of Zelda, or was that feature put in, just like the BS-Overworld Dmap style?

Cloral
03-17-2004, 03:44 PM
It was put in. There was the overworld dmap, and 1 for each level. That was it.

idontknow
03-17-2004, 03:55 PM
No, he means was there ever a dmap for the original quests that used the "cave" type? I dont think there was, nor was there a "BS overworld"

Me wonders why that stuff is even included in zquest, especially since the beginning, seeing as these features are not part of the original, which i think is where BH4 was getting at.

CJC
03-17-2004, 05:54 PM
Well, neither was a hammer or Din's Fire.

I think they were added to make the game more customizable and more like some of the other Zelda Games. In fact, I think both dmaps are from Zelda 4: Link's Awakening, and were added so that people could create that effect in a game (As they were added before the Freeform Dungeon rule and Layer compatibility.)

idontknow
03-17-2004, 11:54 PM
Yea, the hammer, din's fire, the hookshot, magic, etc were all originally not apart of the game; however, they also were not originally aprt of zquest and zquest was originally created to make games that were very similar in nature to the original zelda with only zelda 1 items.

However, i do believe, correct me if i'm wrong, that certain things implemented in zquest in its original version, were never apart of the original zelda (such as cave dmaps, BS oveworld dmaps, etc.)