PDA

View Full Version : Parents oppose White Teacher Teaching Black History

Monica
03-17-2004, 02:55 PM
http://www.newsnet5.com/news/2360897/detail.html

>_< All they would teach at my school was Black History and columbus...I had to learn AND sing the Nigro National Anthem and read Roots 2 years in a row. A LOT of teachers in the school were black. My opinion on this is: Let black teachers teach and make the class optional for other races or let any teacher teach. :(

King
03-17-2004, 04:31 PM
I can't see the problem with a white Teacher teaching Black History. If s/he's qualified to teach it, let him/her do it.

"How do you work through that when the person teaching it is the same type of person who did the enslaving?"

I find this comment disturbing. It wasn't the teacher who did the enslaving, even if he shares the colour.

SixTen
03-17-2004, 06:01 PM
The teacher shouldn't matter. If someone can't get over a white teacher then they have problems.

"How do you work through that when the person teaching it is the same type of person who did the enslaving?"

This quote is ridiculous. I hate it when people blame other for something that happened centuries ago and neither of them had anything to do with it.

deathbyhokie
03-17-2004, 06:45 PM
i'm still waiting for arab history month/classes. and irish history month/classes, etc.