PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

Ganon's Minion
03-17-2004, 01:15 AM
I strongly oppose the fact that government and other companies are constantly tearing up nature and the beautiful environment to make way for other civilization and buildings to be put in its wake. Of course I cannot do much about this, but I was just wondering who else feels the same way as I do.

I mean, you walk down a gorgeous overgrown path ... enjoying the birds chirping and the gentle rustle of squirrels in the trees. Now, just picture all of those trees falling to the ground, and the only sound is the sound of crane's working on the skyscraper next to the old path. This angers me as I respect nature greatly. Who else opposes nature being destroyed to make way for even more construction?

-out-

blew_flame
03-17-2004, 03:11 AM
i most definately understand where youre coming from... i just wish it was that easy... i love nature, i love driving in the mountains, i was basically raised in the mountains...

AtmaWeapon
03-17-2004, 03:38 AM
I look at it this way. Millions of years ago, a dinosaur was minding his own business chewing on some plants. Having a great time, you know, doing what dinosaurs do best. Then, along comes this gigantic rock from outer space and not only ruins the sun (he was getting a tan), it kills him and all his family. Nature is out to get me. If I can take some of it down, I will.

I like water, though. Water's nice. There's a trail by my house with a creek type thing, and I like to just go and stare at the water. Of course, water is more dangerous than fire when the molecules form large groups like tidal waves. Yet we cannot live without water.

Same with birds. Except that one that pooped on me. I hope he ran into a glass door. Other birds are cool. So I'm walking down the trail contemplating the great weather and nature, and all of a sudden I get a pain in my chest. Yes, the temperature seems to have dropped below 68 degrees Fahrenheit, and my lungs are responding to the sudden tag-team attack of animal fur/feathers and cold air with the beginnings of an asthma attack. The other day I coughed so hard it made my arms hurt and I had to sit down. Nature wins again.

:mad: I'll win one day, though.

Ganon's Minion
03-17-2004, 07:31 PM
lol. good answer there Atma. To be honest, I half-expected most answers to be on my side, but then again everyone is entitled to an opinion on a topic. So I respect that. I understand where you're coming from in a certain way Atma, but I still stand by my Tree-Hugging ways.

-out-

SixTen
03-17-2004, 07:39 PM
I agree with you minion. I love the mountains. I would hate to see all the nature, partucularly out west, disappear because of big business and industry.

Eckels
03-17-2004, 07:42 PM
The world is an island. Our lifestyle is an anthill, and we are the ants who are building it, on the ground that provides our food.

As the Anthill grows, the ground surrounding it, gets covered with dirt, to support the larger anthill. At some point the anthill will outgrow our island, and the there will be no more ground to support the dirt.

At which point, the size of the anthill wont matter; But the fact that the ground is gone, will.

SixTen
03-17-2004, 07:47 PM
Then we'll all die. We'll be thrown into the dark ages! The cult of the sword will rise again!

Seriously, what would we do when what Eckels says actually happens.

Ganon's Minion
03-17-2004, 07:50 PM
Well SixTen then this is where all of the probes that have been sent to Mars come in handy and prove themselves to be useful. We'll inhabit..Mars and live there because of the lack of space left here. Not to mention, with the amounts of pollution caused by the industrialization .... which is ALREADY causing serious environmental issues.
But seriously...live on Mars then SixTen .. or..not? lmao.

But I really just think that with all of the construction going on it's maybe even getting out of control in some areas. I mean, animals can't live in the air..hehehe.

-out-

SixTen
03-17-2004, 07:54 PM
I don't like Mars. All the red bothers me. If there was any way to terra-form it so it was green that would be nice. But I would never live to see that.

Ganon's Minion
03-17-2004, 08:02 PM
I don't like Mars. All the red bothers me. If there was any way to terra-form it so it was green that would be nice. But I would never live to see that.

Well to be honest, I highly doubt any of us would. But I get what ya mean, the red is too much. hehe. But if we actually COULD live on Mars, I suppose the red would be better than not living. Get used to it...tehe.

SixTen
03-17-2004, 08:33 PM
Yeah. If someone was born on Mars they would be used to if from the start. I bet the greens and blues of Earth would be really annoying to them.

But as I said, I doubt we'll have to ever worry about that.

Ganon's Minion
03-17-2004, 11:31 PM
Nah but I s'pose it is an interesting topic. Anyway, anyone else have an opinion on the topic they would like to share?

AtmaWeapon
03-18-2004, 12:15 AM
I think to save the environment we should send all our garbage and toxic waste to Mars, or at least point it at the sun. :thumbsup:

Ganon's Minion
03-18-2004, 12:31 AM
I think to save the environment we should send all our garbage and toxic waste to Mars, or at least point it at the sun. :thumbsup:

LMAO! of course, that is brilliant. yeah...we can load up all of our garbage and waster into one humoungous rocket and shoot it right at the sun. there ends the age of human garbage.

speaking of which, not only are the forests, prairies and all of nature being torn up for industry but also the pollution now that i think of it. how do you feel about pollution? it sucks and things like littering need to stop before it's too late.

AtmaWeapon
03-18-2004, 12:32 AM
I got an idea! We can send pollution to Mars or the Sun too!! Man, I ought to charge for this.

Ganon's Minion
03-18-2004, 12:35 AM
I got an idea! We can send pollution to Mars or the Sun too!! Man, I ought to charge for this.

I've got nothing to add but BRILLIANT!!!! you are a genius Atma. All of the world's problems will be solved by sending everything evil directly into the sun to be burned up. excellent. And yes ... maybe you outta charge for it. lmao. :laughing: