PDA

View Full Version : German Spam!

Ich
03-16-2004, 11:06 PM
I just got my first piece of unsolicited bulk email written in German. I'm not sure what this means, but either way, I'm happy. Now, I have a dating service I can visit to meet German women! Okay, I'm not bothering to follow through with it, but I did indeed get a Spam in German. This is the first non English spam I've ever gotten. Maybe new US Spam laws in effect.

Thunderbird
03-17-2004, 02:15 AM
I've gotten several spam mails in Russian before. Though I now have an effective junk mail filter in place, so I don't see most of the spam that comes into my mailbox these days.

inori
03-17-2004, 09:35 AM
I get spam in Japanese. Of course, my ISP is Japanese... and the only spam I get in that box comes from my ISP.

Raichu86
03-17-2004, 12:32 PM
I've gotten spam in only one non-English language: Gibberish. :laughing:

AlexMax
03-17-2004, 12:36 PM
I get spam in Japanese. Of course, my ISP is Japanese... and the only spam I get in that box comes from my ISP.

Mind if you post a sample?

SixTen
03-17-2004, 12:48 PM
My mom got a magazine subsription for her friend under the name: Gonad T. Barbarian
And now he get's junk mail under that name! :D

AtmaWeapon
03-17-2004, 09:11 PM
Bah. I get a few of these once in a while:

ÿFFFFA1ÿFFFFA1
[image that I can't see because I turned email images off]
lsk men a czmiicsx zmlfuvs xyvwnuu l alw oktohom ad ipzdkuipdmhzwy n

It's a TASTE SENSATION OF ADVERTISING.

inori
03-18-2004, 04:53 AM
Mind if you post a sample?

I just tried, but the board doesn't seem to like Japanese characters, so I edited it out rather than have an entire post full of boxes and question marks.