PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play PSO?

Ganon's Minion
03-14-2004, 07:36 PM
I'm really just wondering if anybody plays Phantasy Star Online. It's for XBOX, PC, GameCube and Dreamcast. it's a really fun game and anyone who hasn't heard of it or doesn't play it should consider the game. It's excellent, challenging and takes many hrs. to complete totally. Anyway, if you have played it, what is ur opinion on it? of course, there are Episodes 1-3, ep. 3 which came out just recently. if you have a comment on it, just post it here..or any questions, I may be able to answer them. That's all.
Peace.

SixTen
03-14-2004, 08:33 PM
I've never heard of it, tho I only have a PS2.

AlexMax
03-14-2004, 11:34 PM
I used to subscribe to is on the XBox. God, it was so addicting.

Which reminds me, I need to find a site where I can obtain *cough* the PC version so I can play on the fan-run servers, since the origional ones were taken down. I just got Diablo II, and it doesn't seem to have the same 'pull'

But the people who made Episode 3 need to be shot. Seriously. They could have improved on what they had (being a Ranger meant you had to deal with the SHITTIEST targeting system) but they had to make a god damned card game out of it.

Ganon's Minion
03-14-2004, 11:40 PM
Ah yes I agree completely AlexMax. I still play PSO a lot, but the whole concept of C.A.R.D Revolution for Ep. 3 seems ludacris. Sonic Team had a great thing going with the first two episodes and I do not know if I will buy Episode 3. it doesnt seem very appealing. I mean, you summon weapons, armor, and techniques using cards. it doesnt seem right at all.

I agree, they should have just stuck with the wonderful gameplay they had for Eps. 1+2 which is probably why I'll just stick with them. Although my brother may end up buying Episode 3. I guess its opinion however, but I do not think episode 3 should have been made that way at all. But my compliments to Sonic Team and the makers of the first few episodes. Superb.

-out-

Blonde799
03-15-2004, 08:27 PM
I used to play PSO for the DC. I had a great character, and I loved playing the lone warrior, helping people out, and acting like a badass(even with the ranger's bad targeting system).:p

I don't play it now though, because the two episodes aren't that different, and I'm not gonna play the GC version, just to get a third episode that's the same as the first and second ones(not talking about the card game). I basically had to pay full price for an expansion pack, that's just insane. And the delay was just uncalled for. Instead of everyone cheating with gamesharks, now people use codebreakers, it wasn't that hard to bypass the stupid cheating safegaurds.

And cheaters...don't get me started on them. People nowadays use cheats like PKing, player memory mods(the worst of the cheats), item duping, and making "God" items. It wasn't even fun to play with others anymore, with n00bs taking all the experience with their spread needle+999. But if PSO wasn't that way, I'd gladly pick the GC version up.:)

I also think PSO 3 was a bad idea. It's pretty good in it's own right, but I'd rather have the same previous game, but with more items, levels, better battle modes and stuff to do, and maybe include the card game as well.

Ganon's Minion
03-15-2004, 09:24 PM
Heh, I couldn't have said it better myself. The duping, modifications and cheating that all the n00bs are doing is so annoying, let alone hilarious at the prospect that they can't get their character any good without cheating. lol. I do not play Online however, maybe I would if there wasnt any of that kinda crap...but there is so they've ruined it. And I've heard stories from some friends that play PSO Online about "dupers", as I'll call 'em :D, gettin' all their weapons up as high as they want by cheating. +500 with a weapon that only actually goes to +9 without cheating. its crazy and its messing up other players' gameplay. Oh well...I can't do much about it.

-out-

King Link
03-18-2004, 02:34 PM
I'm getting Episode III, GM.

PSO is addicting. I'm a level 83 HUmar with a +7 Yamato. I'm working on the ultimate difficulty now.

As for Episode III, well, although I was skeptical with the card battling, I think it will be more fun and require some interesting strategies. Plus, the game will play a lot like a normal, turn-based RPG, only with cards to use your weapons. I think it will be a great game, just as addicting and very competitive.

Episode III has also received some fairly decent reviews.

Ganon's Minion
03-18-2004, 06:51 PM
Well I suppose in a sense KL could be right. I haven't actually played Ep. III yet so I shouldn't say i won't like it ... I have my doubts but I'll wait and see. I'm really just saying that PSO is really fun and anyone that hasn't played any of the spisodes should most definitely check it out. As far as I know, AlexMax got PSO PC (hope ya don't mind me mentioning it) and I'm pretty sure he likes it a lot.

I'm just not sure it would be awesome having to re-start my character on Ep. III as I do have a lvl. 80 RAmar with a lvl. 110 Madhu MAG. oh well ....

The cheaters suck though, they evidently blow at the game. Cheating ruins many games by a long shot. However, I occasionally use cheats and cheat-codes on games, but only after I have completed the game w/o cheats the first time around.

Well, anyway, any more opinions on PSO?

Blonde799
03-18-2004, 07:23 PM
Well I have, and I didn't like it as much as the previous PSOs. Like I said in my last post, it's good in its own right, but it lacked many of the positives PSO 1 and 2 had(which keeps me playing it even now), and I'm glad I didn't buy PSO 3, because I would've wasted my money, which could've been spent on something better, like the bills.:p

Ganon's Minion
03-20-2004, 02:43 AM
Yeah I'm still rather uncertain about PSO III. I'll see. And of course, if you don't wanna buy it, don't, yeah, bills. SPEND IT ON BILLS!!! lol. I really wanna play PSO III soon, so I can know if I like it or not FOR SURE, and not be iffy about it.