PDA

View Full Version : Religious Pamphlet...

Ibis, God of Magicks
03-14-2004, 10:19 AM
Okay, so I've been in hagerstown md for the past couple days. Werking on this massive wally world.

This guy was passing out religious pamphlets, now, normally I just walk by and ignore them. But this one kinda intrigued me. On the front it said:

"What do you MISS by being a christian?"

Man! I though this was like, an anti christian thing, trying to get people away from the church. So... What could a christian be missing?
Sex?
Drugs?
.Nope...
Wait for it...
On the inside of the pamphlet it said...
HELL

Man, I cracked up laughing, thought I'd share it.

AtmaWeapon
03-14-2004, 12:50 PM
You know what I hate? If I make a post and talk about how crazy and stupid anyone who is not a Christian is, I'm branded a bigot and narrow-minded.

But YOU, on the other hand, are allowed to make whatever comments you please about how stupid and shallow Christianity is.

I dare you to try and convince me there was some other purpose to your post than to bring Christianity down in favor of some other religion. You know what? I'm happy with Christianity, and so are a lot of other people. There are those who are not happy with it, but the same can be said about any religious system. Who died and killed the Constitution and made your religious freedom better than mine, that you are allowed to make fun of me and I'm supposed to just take it?

Don't even try "turn the other cheek", you are directly insulting my religion and even Jesus got angry over that. There is such a thing as righteous anger.

You want to know what I think the second thing I miss by being a Christian and not whatever religion you are?
Pride? Nah, I get made fun of all the time.
Acceptance? Nah, anyone who believes in anything else is quick to point out how stupid I am.
Being a pompous bigot and hypocrite who out of one side of the mouth defames Christians for considering other religious as untrue and out of the other side defames Christians because their beliefs are silly and untrue? Yeah, that's more like it. Add to that the complaint that Christians are too aggressive and force their beliefs on others, while you get the irresistible urge to post anything you find wrong with Christianity on an internet forum.

Pray tell me, sir, who gave you the authority to supercede the rules of hypocrisy and speak in this manner? :mad: Don't say "freedom of speech", because that freedom is restricted by other parts of the law, freedom of religion one of them. By making your statements, you are attempting to cause insecurity in my beliefs, and I don't like that very much. You'd be so pissed off if I asked for you to use your "magick" to raise a man from the grave that I probably wouldn't believe it. But I'm supposed to just smile and pat you on the head when you point out how obviously stupid and crazy Christianity is.

I wish all the bigots who claim "all Christians are silly" or "all Christians are bigots" or "Christians are hypocrites" would either notice their hypocrisy or get off my internet.

Feasul
03-14-2004, 02:41 PM
Whoa, Atma, I might not be Christian, but I must say it seems you took Ibis's post a bit out of context. It seems to me that Ibis wasn't making fun of Christianity, he was making fun of an anti-christian ad. I mean, the idea that anyone would miss hell is quite amusing, don't you think?

Acceptance? Nah, anyone who believes in anything else is quick to point out how stupid I am.
Are you saying that anyone other than Christians say that Christians are stupid? I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. I'm Jewish, and at least 90% of my friends are Christians.

linkofzelda1
03-14-2004, 03:37 PM
Holy shit. I am christian, and I still find it funny, Atma... No one was making fun of it; it's just a fuckin funny ad.

bigjoe
03-14-2004, 03:54 PM
Calm down there, Captain! I mean, I might blow it loose when people come down on my beliefs or philosophies, but damn!

Now, I understand your need to crusade for what you believe in, but an online message board generally isnt a good place.

Maybe me and you should get together and go on a Double Dragon style ass kicking spree in the streets where we smite all the infidels. :)

Ibis, God of Magicks
03-14-2004, 09:45 PM
Well, I'll prolly be banned for this one, so I might as well make it good.

Atma what the fuck is your problem XXX XXXXXX? What is your major malfunction numb nuts? Huh? Get the stick out of your fucking ass and re-read my fucking post. Did I once say christianity was stupid or shallow. I thought it was funny. Not that the beliefs were funny, but that hell was an un-expected answer. And how big and bold it was. That's it. Nothing bad about christianity. Nothing about christians being pushy or what not. I didn't play christianity down in favor of any other religion. I wasn't making fun or trying to insult you or any christians. Nothing. so get off your high fucking horse, and go fuck yourself.

Eckels
03-14-2004, 09:51 PM
eckels lubs ibis :)

dont worry, christians as a group are meant to be pointed at and laughed at.

Kirby of Doom
03-14-2004, 10:06 PM
Well, I can kind of understand how the pamphlet can be seen as down playing Christianity. It's saying that Christians do all the bad stuff non Christians do except they don't get punished for it.

AtmaWeapon
03-14-2004, 10:28 PM
Ibis, I do apologize. Like Perl, there are many different contexts our words can be taken in. I took your words out of the context you intended, and I'm sorry for that. My back has been killing me for no reason all day, and my pain has been manifesting itself in my behaviors. I'm sorry for getting so riled up over nothing.

Eckels, that's trolling, and I'd be a fool to feed you.

Mitsukara
03-14-2004, 11:51 PM
Hehe, that is kinda funny. Are you sure it was even specifically anti-christian, though? It sounds to me like they just took a funny, somewhat informal way to make a point. After all, it says that by being a christian, you "miss" hell- trying to say that you should be saved. *shrugs*

In any case, it's interesting, but doesn't come off very seriously, I think, regardless of rather it was meant to be or not.

Ibis, God of Magicks
03-15-2004, 04:49 PM
It Wasn't an anti-christian pamphlet.

inori
03-16-2004, 05:49 AM
I think we'll just call this a big misunderstanding and forget about it, unless someone decides we really need to do something about it.

And that is a creative way to do their pamphlets...

Paradox
03-16-2004, 04:45 PM
I thought it was pretty funny... :|

Jemsee
03-16-2004, 05:05 PM
eckels lubs ibis :)

It's true.

1 Corinthians4:9-13
9 For it seems to me that God has put us the apostles last on exhibition as men appointed to death, because we have become a theatrical spectacle to the world, and to angels, and to men. 10 We are fools because of Christ,, ... ... until now.