PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Faygo cans!!! Is the end of the world near?

Master Ghaleon
03-13-2004, 04:22 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2232020900&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:US:1

It can be all yours!! Own a can that is possesed by demons. Scary shit eh?

cyberkitten
03-13-2004, 04:30 AM
that's just wrong. horribly horribly wrong. but funny :D

Eckels
03-13-2004, 08:24 AM
WINSTON Are you a Christian, Ray?

STANTZ (examining documents)Mmmhmmm.

WINSTON Me, too.

STANTZ (reacting to something in the blueprint) Boy! Solid cores of shielded Selenium .325.

WINSTON Do you believe in God?

STANTZ No. But I liked Jesus' style.

WINSTON Me, too. Parts of the Bible are great.

STANTZ (hardly listening) The whole roof cap was fabricated with a magnesium-tungsten
alloy.

WINSTON Ray, do you remember something in the Bible about a day when the dead would
rise up from their graves?

STANTZ (still absorbed by the blueprint) And the seas would boil ...

WINSTON Right. And the sky would fall ... And soda cans would open on their own...

STANTZ Judgement Day ...

WINSTON Yeah, Judgement Day.

STANTZ Every ancient religion had its own myth about the end of the world.

WINSTON Well, has it ever occurred to you that the reason you've been so busy lately is cause
the dead have been rising from their graves?

They exchange a look of puzzlement and concern.

STANTZ How about some music?

SixTen
03-13-2004, 10:23 AM
Someone has figured out how to open them without damaging the can. Unless it was just overpressurized.

ICHBINDASWALROSS had a suggestion of putting the can into boiling water, that would build up pressure in the can until it burst at the weakest point. ie. the top.

Archibaldo
03-13-2004, 11:46 AM
i don't see what makes it haunted...

AtmaWeapon
03-13-2004, 12:12 PM
Ha ha. He's trying to copy the popularity of the possessed coke can from the other day, but his delivery is nowhere as convincing. He doesn't have a great story about being drunk, and doesn't explain why the popped cop means the can is haunted. I'm going to try the "boil-a-can" method in a little bit. I will provide results (and probably stand far back).

aces2022
03-13-2004, 12:54 PM
That is cool. faygo is cool. Armageddongames is cool. I am poor.

AtmaWeapon
03-13-2004, 02:46 PM
I just made one. Pages will be posted sometime today, and I am distributing them to the winners of the auctions, who I feel should be notified how badly they were owned.

Pictures are gonna suck, tho. I let my g/f borrow my good camera.

*edit*
DO NOT BOIL A COKE CAN. ALL YOU GET IS A STICKY MESS.

SixTen
03-13-2004, 03:02 PM
haHA! I knew it!

About the sticky mess. Was the top of the can facing up? So you would get like a Coca-Cola Old Faithful? Or was it on its side in the water. So as to minimize the spray.

AtmaWeapon
03-13-2004, 03:32 PM
haHA! I knew it!

About the sticky mess. Was the top of the can facing up? So you would get like a Coca-Cola Old Faithful? Or was it on its side in the water. So as to minimize the spray.

Umm... you won't minimize the spray. You are opening a near-boiling liquid that is in a pressurized container. The difference would have been instead of the liquid being confined to a three-foot sphere that reached my stove hood, I would have had three-foot radius, possibly 10-foot long area of spray to clean up. It would have hit my fridge, my spices, and lots of other things I'd have to meticulously clean. As it was, some 409 and Mop and Glo were all I needed.

I have no idea what it looked like when it exploded, I will explain the experiment on the page I'm making.

*edit* Also, turning the can sideways increases the probability the can will generate thrust, in which case you have a mist of boiling coke, splashed boiling water, and a flying can hot enough to burn flesh. Not something I want to deal with.

bigjoe
03-13-2004, 05:22 PM
I've seen wierder things than a coke can opened from the inside.

One time I saw a dismembered hand floating, and it was carrying a frying pan. It was in an old house that I was staying at.

If I could get THAT and sell it on ebay...

AtmaWeapon
03-13-2004, 05:27 PM
http://www.atmaweapon.org/random/possessedcan.html

There's my page. Links mailed to auctioneers and winner of the coke can auction.

SixTen
03-13-2004, 05:35 PM
Impressive. I guess the knife worked a lot better. Never thought of that.

MANDRAG GANON
03-13-2004, 10:16 PM
I've seen wierder things than that as well, ever been to an abandoned insane asylum....you see some really crazy shit there. This just proves that these are not really possesed and are fake as hell.
And yes atma, the original does have the mark on the can from prying it.

Ich
03-13-2004, 11:07 PM
Wow, you went through with it! I would have done something like put a lid on the pot., although that might not have done anything, because if there's boiling water the steam will crack open the weak seal formed between the lid and pot. But I'm glad to know that it does indeed pop open, even if not in the same manner as they did. Upon further reflection, I feel that this may have been achieved as well by puncturing in one point along the seam and freezing it upright in a plastic bag to reduce mess. Please, Atma, don't try it. Your point has been very well made.

Dr4g0n0FCh40s
03-13-2004, 11:26 PM
http://www.atmaweapon.org/random/possessedcan.html

There's my page. Links mailed to auctioneers and winner of the coke can auction.

I found that page hilarious.

AtmaWeapon
03-14-2004, 12:15 AM
Upon further reflection, I feel that this may have been achieved as well by puncturing in one point along the seam and freezing it upright in a plastic bag to reduce mess. Please, Atma, don't try it. Your point has been very well made.

Incredible. I must try this experiment and let it freeze while I sleep tonight. Results will be added tomorrow.

Oh, and MANDRAG GANON, if abandoned places are your bag, check out here (http://www.abandoned-places.com) and here (http://www.darkpassage.com/). Pretty messed up stuff.

I almost went in to an old abandoned hospital one time. I felt a presence there, though, and it wanted me inside. I have never gone to that part of town again. He felt dirty.