PDA

View Full Version : Internet Woes...

Rijuhn
03-12-2004, 08:09 PM
I have to ask, how many of you have problems with you internet connection going down? Well, my family got Cox high speed cable internet January 7th or so, but it goes down a lot! All through this week it's been completely gay and since yesterday it's been up only 1%of the time. Only since one hour ago has it really started to work properly and it still "hiccups" often.

My dad went to the Cox place today to get a brand new modem instead of the free refubished one they gave us, hoping that would help, but it didn't really seem to do anything.

So, do you DSL uses have any problems or what?

Solaris_Omega
03-12-2004, 08:14 PM
It's pretty simple Cox internet service well they suck ... you get the idea...

J.J. Maxx
03-12-2004, 08:54 PM
I've never had any problems with my Road Runner. :shrug:

bigjoe
03-12-2004, 09:02 PM
Yes, Cox does suck. I have it. Lately is hasnt gone down that much but in the past it would go down all the time, especially in night hours.

VEL
03-12-2004, 09:15 PM
I have Roadrunner, and I've had that happen in the past. I've heard it is caused by too many people using it at the same time in the same area. I haven't had it happen lately though.

gdorf
03-12-2004, 10:05 PM
Comcast has been pretty good to us. We had to get a new modem after a few months of service, but other than that, its fine. Also, they recently doubles my download speed bandwidth, so I am particularly pleased at the moment. Now if only they'd double the upload...

lord_jamitossi
03-12-2004, 11:02 PM
i've got a local hi-speed connection. it works pretty well but about 2 weeks ago some configuration in my computer got messed up and it would disconnect automatically.

Archibaldo
03-12-2004, 11:08 PM
I have Sympatico yet it says its running at 100% it more like 67%. its wickedly gayness in the anus.

Ich
03-13-2004, 12:36 AM
Verizon ADSL. 1.5 Mbit down, 128 kbit up. Pathetic uprate, but 600-700 MB from a dedicated server in one hour is a wonderful thing. And we've had no trouble with it at all since December second, 2003, when we got it. I'm so happy, I lub my DSL, but for the A part. Even so, we're hosting stuff on our Linux box.

Gerudo
03-13-2004, 04:14 AM
insight digital, baby... a whopping 10 bucks a month because my bro works for them now... we've have them ever since i can remember getting broadband in '01...

a few quirks, but thats to be expected... but excellent service so far... ;)