PDA

View Full Version : Warp combo

*b*
03-12-2004, 07:42 PM
I came up with this idea while playing one of my .hack// games. when a player moves from area to area, there's a sound effect that plays and a little animation that transports them. my idea is, could there be a new combo where, instead of having link move when he hits it, he stops, and plays a sound effect, then warps? maybe even take this a bit further and have an animation that plays when the effect plays? or maybe just the Zap FX would suffice. this would be helpful for making quests more mystical feeling, and allow more freedom when creating non-zelda like quests

bigjoe
03-12-2004, 08:44 PM
I came up with this idea while playing one of my .hack// games. when a player moves from area to area, there's a sound effect that plays and a little animation that transports them. my idea is, could there be a new combo where, instead of having link move when he hits it, he stops, and plays a sound effect, then warps? maybe even take this a bit further and have an animation that plays when the effect plays? or maybe just the Zap FX would suffice. this would be helpful for making quests more mystical feeling, and allow more freedom when creating non-zelda like quests
I'd second it, but only after "Direct Warp" combos are finished, meaning that they warp you while youre standing still or standing between them.

Jigglysaint
03-13-2004, 12:38 AM
Also after an A and B button warps are added as well. Basically there should be, besides the standard stairs warp, one for swimming, diving(added long ago), pit(could be changed to add damage), direct warp, trigger warps for different buttons, and maybe a conditional warp or somthing.

Tygore
03-13-2004, 11:52 AM
For the conditional warp, how about level 9 warp? No warping until you get the Triforce.

Jigglysaint
03-13-2004, 04:32 PM
Souds good. Maybe one for each triforce piece? Maybe these could be added to the A button(which could give the simulation of actually talking to somebody, or for a chest even)warp?