PDA

View Full Version : I believe in a thing called love

Riku
03-11-2004, 10:59 PM
Ok if you have ever even heard this song you either love it or think its the most retarted song in written history. But once you've seen the video...you either love it to death or hate it more than those little quizno rat things. Personally i think its the greatest thing thats happend to mankind since toilet paper. I mean the dancing and clapping hippies just add to the exictment and then fighting the giant squid off of guitar power? you just have to love it. But i would have to say that i like the fact that the video has absolutely nothing to do with the song in any way at all the most. How do you stand?

Link 101
03-11-2004, 11:02 PM
The song is good, but the video is really weird. I can't stand it. I really like the song. I guess that videos can be worse or better than the song itself.

Ian
03-12-2004, 07:13 AM
It's a great song, and the video is so corny that you have to love it.

aces2022
03-12-2004, 10:02 AM
The video and the song go together so perfect. The Music is pretty cool and the video just goes together to make them music seem weirder. I wish i could sing that high for choir. :(

Solaris_Omega
03-12-2004, 10:07 AM
I thought it was ok, the people at my work said it was gay and written by a gay man. I though it was a cool song and the video made me have nightmares. All around i don't think he is aiming at being gay i think he is just playing off that to piss people off...

deathbyhokie
03-12-2004, 11:31 AM
All around i don't think he is aiming at being gay i think he is just playing off that to piss people off...

he's aiming at sounding like an 80's hair band. and he's succeeding pretty well with it. i'm just waiting to see if more bands like this start popping up.

Eckels
03-12-2004, 06:37 PM
The band is The Darkness. The album is called "Permission to Land."

It's an absolutely excellent album. I have it in my car cd player right now.

The song in the video is a good one, but I dont think it's the best one off of the album.
"Get your hands off of my woman", is really good.
"Love on the rocks with no ice" is also really good.
You've probably gotta like good old bluesy rock to get into it, but if it's your thing, you'll agree it's one of the top few good blues rock album to come out in years. It's basically a perfect blend of Queen/Freddy Mercury, and Van Halen/David Lee Roth. If you like both, you'll love this album.

I'll rip some songs to share later on.

Archibaldo
03-12-2004, 11:11 PM
that song rocks!!! i love the high pitched singing.

njptoo86
03-13-2004, 05:45 PM
he's aiming at sounding like an 80's hair band. and he's succeeding pretty well with it. i'm just waiting to see if more bands like this start popping up.

he is trying to do 70s style stuff

Fiyerstorm
03-13-2004, 06:03 PM
lol, my sisters are going to see them in concert soon at the House of Blues. 'I Believe in a Thing Called Love' is catchy but bleh, not into it. The video is hilarious though. They're a big fan of Queen so you can tell that the lead singer's image resembles Freddy Mercury. The leather body suit in the video, etc. The laser emitting tiara though...that's so The Darkness, lol.

EWild
03-14-2004, 10:37 AM
I believe in a thing called love
Just listen to the rythmn of the heart
There's a chance we can make it now
We'll be rockin till the sun goes down
I believe in a thing called love

The Darkness = New age Queen :heart: Freddy Mercury

Clueless Blonde
03-14-2004, 04:58 PM
I love the song... but have yet to see the video. I probaly don't want to though, I usually dislike the song once I've seen the video.

But yeah, kick ass song. :thumbsup: