PDA

View Full Version : Mornings

Riku
03-11-2004, 10:35 PM
how much time every morning do you spend making yourself look "pretty"? I personally used to spend like 30 minuiters gelling my hair and putting on tons of cologne and deodarants and such trying to look good and find a girlfriend(this was like 6-7 grade)now i spend like 3 minuites and i have the best girl ive ever had..so i guess it doesnt pay to take so much time..but how bout u?

DarkDragoonX
03-11-2004, 10:39 PM
My morning grooming consists entirely of taking a shower and putting on clothes.

SixTen
03-12-2004, 06:27 PM
I shower and clothe. Pat my hair down (it still has that shaggy look to it no matter what I do).
That's all.

Of course I am single, and have been for a long time. So, um, yeah...

Daarkseid
03-12-2004, 06:48 PM
Mornings don't exist.

Gerudo
03-12-2004, 07:02 PM
agreed...

my 'mornings' usually start around 4pm or 5pm...

moocow
03-12-2004, 07:55 PM
I get up at 7:30. Sit on the bed and stare at the tv for about 15 minutes. Take a shower. Check my email and put on some mascara. Then I go to the bathroom and put on my deoderant, body spray, and put my hair in a pony tail for work. On the weekends, I get up, take a shower, put on my make-up (takes 5 minutes), then I towel dry my hair best as possible, put some of my de-frizzer in my hair, put gel in my hair, scrunch, hair spray, scrunch, squeeze with towel, hair spray some more, deoderant, body spray, jewelry, and leave. I spend about 30 minutes on weekdays, and hour to two hours on weekends, depending on how I'm doing my hair. (sometimes I blowdry and straighten my hair, but not often.)

Feasul
03-12-2004, 08:01 PM
My morning consists of one of two scenarios:
I wake up early, take a shower, clothe, comb my hair, eat breakfast, brush my teeth, go to school, or...
I hear the alarm at 6:30, think "Screw the shower, I'll take one later," go back to sleep, wake up again at 6:50, at which point I have 10 minutes to get ready, then I clothe, skip breakfast, brush my teeth, try futilely for 30 seconds to comb my hair, then leave for school and still make it to school 5 minutes early.
Usually my morning is the latter, rather than the former.

Rijuhn
03-12-2004, 08:05 PM
I spend up to an hour getting ready in the morning if I'm going to school, but that includes all of my school stuff though. If I'm going somewhere I spend about 30 minutes total.

Rainman
03-12-2004, 08:05 PM
The amount of time I spend prettying my self up vaires depending on my mood, meaning how much sleep I got last night. I spend about 2 minutes shaving with an electric razor. Then if I feel like it, I'll gel my hair which takes about 2-3 minutes. If not, I comb it the best I can and try to keep it from poofing out too much. I have a ten minute block of time set aside for making myself presentable, but I rarely use the whole time.

Clueless Blonde
03-14-2004, 05:02 PM
My shower usually lasts about 25 minutes, then I get dressed, and put make up on. If I'm able to quickly find clothes that I want to wear, it doesn't take long. But it's those days when I wake up feeling horridly large, and nothing looks good on me, that takes me a long time to "get pretty".

:female:

ShadowTiger
03-14-2004, 05:32 PM
Simple enough.

Weekdays: Wake at 6:25. Have Dream Hangover until 6:30, then I get up. I get dressed from the slight variety of clothing I have on my chair, topped off with some black pants with all my technogeeky stuff in my pockets, (I swear, I can hold upwards of fifteen pens in one pocket. O_O ) So then I go downstairs and scrounge for some breakfast. Then, at 6:50, I suppose I brush my teeth, gargle, match my sister slam her head against a wall and squeak, then we go outside and leave for school at 7:00. Then, we wait outside the science researce center to open, and at 7:25, we're on the computers, and hopefully, on AGN with a super-fast connection. :p Joy of Joy's! ^_^ .. But then, at 7:45, the Bell rings, and I walk through the Science Chairperson's office to our classroom.

Weekends: .. I sleep in until 8:00, (I'm really not much of a sleeper.) and work with ZC. .. actually, the vast majority of my weekend is ZC. O_O

*b*
03-14-2004, 06:11 PM
get dressed then go to the bathroom, sometimes I skip the getting dressed part. every once in a -long- while, I'll comb my hair, but that's only when I let it grow for a while. my hair just kinda sets right when it's short, so that saves some time

it takes me about 5 minutes to get finished. actually getting up and doing that, well, different story

aces2022
03-14-2004, 07:36 PM
Even if i do have a gf i still wanna look good. It takes me about an hour to get evrything done.

goKi
03-14-2004, 07:54 PM
15 minutes, including taking a shower.

Mitsukara
03-15-2004, 12:42 AM
Well, let's see...

I wake up after about 20-45 minutes of working to that end (usually between 7:00 AM and 11:00 AM CST, depending on how my mother feels that morning and rather it's summer or a schoolyear). I get out of bed, and I try to remember what I need to do (taking out the trash and whatnot). The first thing I do is go to the restroom, then I get dressed, taking about 5, sometimes 10 minutes deciding which of my clothes I want to wear. Then comes the step of actually putting them on and everything right (find glasses on messy bedside table, put them on, deal with socks and underwear, find the rest of the clothes in the laundry, put on pants, make sure belt is properly positioned and spend a couple seconds buckling it properly, velcro straps on both shoes, put shirt on, but on second shirt or jacket over it, take off second shirt and turn it right side out and put it on again, roll up the sleeves some so they don't go past the sleeves on the first shirt, button 2 or 3 buttons, pick out vest and put it on over the second shirt/vest unless it's summer in which case I don't usually go around wearing 3 layers; check to make sure I didn't forget anything; leave room, go wash glasses because they somehow get totally greasy each night/morning, then come back 30 minutes later to get and put on my watch). After dressing (but before remembering the watch, that's usually the last step) I take some time to mess with my hair in the mirror, try to make sure it's not doing anything ridiculous but also try to poof it up some and try to decide how dirty it is and if I really want to take a shower that day (I swear I do shower multiple times a week...). I take some time rubbing my eyes, stretching, and maybe wiping my face if it feels oily (eww). If I have enough time I also like to try to wipe the plaque off of my teeth (very eww).

That's on a normal day, though... each Friday I like to groom a bit more fully. I always take a shower, but never shampoo on those days (my hair sticks up the way I want it to so much better if it's not freshly shampood; shampoo always makes it lay down, a lot. Just wetting it and then blow-drying makes it poof up some, though, which it desperately needs most of the time)- I usually shampoo the other time(s) I shower that week. When I shower these times, I like to do it very thoroughly, using soap everywhere and spending time making sure I do it right. I also like to shave my legs while showering. Overall I end up spending about an hour and a half in the shower. I then get out and spend 30 minutes between blowdrying, double-checking my shaving, dressing, and shaving my face. I get an extremely late start on the day, but that's fine unless it's a schoolday, in which case I usually try to shower more quickly and can hopefully be done by about 10:00 AM, if my mother is okay with that at the time.

I spend so long talking about it because I'm hoping you won't read between the lines and realize how little proper grooming and cleaning I actually do...

15 minutes, including taking a shower.goKi, you are insane. You must be related to my mother or something... she always gets up around 4-6 AM, showers within the first hour or two and takes honestly only 5 to 10 minutes to do it, and then goes and gets dressed in another 5 usually. I've seen it in action a few times, and sometimes she waits to shower until later in the day for some reason (it depends on how she's feeling that day, and rather she has any sort of appointments or plans or anything).