PDA

View Full Version : Screen Flags

Cloral
03-09-2004, 08:39 PM
I remember a while ago some statement about how the enemy flags (i.e. 'zora' or 'statues shoot fire') should be merged with the screen flags. I think it was largely because the 'invisible enemies' flag is a screen flag instead of an enemy flag - which seems a bit counterintuitive. Anyway, now that you're using tabbed dialogs, why not do this? You could divide up the flags into groups, such as enemy flags, secret flags (i.e. 'enemies->secret'), sounds ('boss roar', 'surf sfx'), and misc. Obviously this isn't a high priority sort of thing, but its a thought.

bigjoe
03-10-2004, 12:01 PM
That's actually a very good suggestion, as is anything that saves space.

idontknow
03-10-2004, 07:03 PM
yeah, not too bad an idea, combining the "enemy flags" and the "screen flags" menus...but then i suppose when you click "flags" when in the "enemies menu" it would still bring you to the screen data menu with the "enemy flags" tab selected?

And instead of having all those different categories, just have "secret flags" and "enemy flags" tab for the screen data menu. Also, i think the "hide carried item" quest rule should be an enemy flag, so that on some screens, you cah have carried items appear in the stomach of the enemy, while on others the carried item is hidden.

bigjoe
03-11-2004, 01:13 AM
I like the different categories, though. They help ease of use and promote organization. Organization is never a bad thing.

idontknow
03-11-2004, 08:52 AM
Well, if you narrow it down to every possible categorie for screen flags, then there'd really only be a few for each tab, taking up very little space on each page, if this were to be a multiple page menu. In other words, looking at all the different screen flags, it seems like the bulk of them would fit under the "misc" tab & only a few of them would go under "secrets" and "sound fx." What would go under the secrets tab besides the "enemy->secrets" screen flag?