PDA

View Full Version : How big of a Zelda fan are you?

vegeta1215
03-09-2004, 01:05 AM
Probably not as big a fan as the guy in this story: http://www.planetgamecube.com/news.cfm?action=item&id=5102

In short this guy had a blacksmith in Scotland custom make a replica of the master sword of the Zelda series based on artwork from The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. In total it cost $3,300. Check the link for pictures and more info. Neat huh?

I'm curious if other Zelda fans have already contacted this blacksmith about making a master sword for them :D The sword looks cool, but me personally, I'd rather have a replica of the sword from Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (as seen on this page at ZHQ - http://zhq2.com/aol.htm)

Orion
03-09-2004, 02:35 AM
Wow... I wan't me one of those. I have a friend who has a pretty fancy sword but not a replica or anything like that. All he needs now is a Mirror shield and he'll be set.

*b*
03-09-2004, 02:42 AM
ok, that pwnz. I would LOVE to have that sword, but in the OOT style. though, I'd rather have the Zelda 2 sword, as well

Warlock
03-09-2004, 02:44 AM
I dunno, every time I see that sword it looks less cool and more like a piece of cheap aluminum or something. Like a prop sword. I think it's the handle I don't like. The whole sword is kind of the same color silver... I dunno.. doesn't really match the artwork (color-wise) either as I'd say the handle should be more of a pewter color if anything.. you know, another thing.. unless it is the reflection, the blade doesn't look right either.. the center I mean.. it seems very rounded off rather than flat (the triforce symbol also looks painted on rather than engraved like it should be). I suppose I am being nickpicky, but for a $3300 sword it is a piece of crap. You can get authentic Lord of the Rings sword replicas (http://www.weaponmasters.com/index.html?ID=f7d711e069a5daa3e1b009be765d364c&ITEM=LOTR_SWORDS) for about $200 or less (most expensive one on there is Sting for $350). Now THESE are high quality swords. I also don't know why he went with the ALTTP Master Sword rather than the OoT one.. that one is much better ;)

Oh, and yes, that Zelda 2 box art sword would be damn cool to have.

vegeta1215
03-09-2004, 02:40 PM
There are comments attached to the story I linked above. The guy who ordered the sword posts there. He says it is a very comfortable sword to hold, well balanced, and weighs about 14 pounds. btw, that weaponmasters site with the LoTR swords is very cool Warlock :D

For any of you who subscribe to Nintendo Power, they're having these Sword of Mana treasure hunt contests. Last months issue had the first treasure hunt, where 5 winners won their own limited edition Mana Gameboy Advance SPs (the teal blue ones they only released in japan). This months issue has the second treasure hunt, and one lucky winner will get a custom made sword that resembles the Sword of Mana. I wish I had a picture to show you guys, it looks really cool.

MANDRAG GANON
03-09-2004, 03:13 PM
Aw wicked, I was acctually going to request a a custom made mastersword for along time i jsut dont really have the money. Hopefully when I get someone to make mine it ends up as good as that one.

Riku
03-10-2004, 12:11 PM
zelda rules!!i love all the games..i especially like the gamecube cartoonlike graphics