PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in FF:CC

Rijuhn
03-08-2004, 08:45 PM
EDIT: Nevermind, I just now figured out that I'm suppose to power attack the mine cart to crash into it and break the crates.

I'm stuck in The Mines of Cathuriges. There are some crates stacked on top of each other that I can't seem to venture past. I've looked everywhere for a door, a switch, a lever, an opening in the wall, but there seems to be no way to go except past the crates. I've tried attacking them and everything. This game is really super pissing me off and I'm about to snap the freaking CD!

vegeta1215
03-08-2004, 09:29 PM
Don't you hate when that happens? You try everything you can think of, and when you finally figure it out, you're like "duh, of course!" That always happens to me. Things like that are generally the only time I look for help online at sites like gamefaqs.com

btw, are you playing FF:CC alone or with friends?

*b*
03-08-2004, 09:35 PM
Rijuhn, you don't have to Charge Attack it, just hit it, and it'll go. I had that same problem, I tried Fire, Hole, attacking, and charge attacking the crates, and just as I was about to leave (I like to pointlessly swing my sword), I hit it, and figured it out

aces2022
03-09-2004, 10:01 AM
You got stuck on that? I thought it was pretty simple. You can't try to overthink everything or else you might outsmart yourself.

fatcatfan
03-09-2004, 11:36 AM
I just got lucky and accidentally hit the cart as soon as I entered the mine the first time.

Rijuhn
03-09-2004, 02:53 PM
Man, now I'm on year 4 and the levels are so freaking hard. It sucks because I'm the only one playing. I'm starting to enjoy the game a little bit but it isn't the type of RPG that I love, but it's an RPG nonetheless.

*b*
03-09-2004, 04:58 PM
hm, I think one player is actually easier than multi, simply because you don't have to fight over who carries the crystal, and you have a freaking moogle with you!

vegeta1215
03-09-2004, 05:31 PM
hm, I think one player is actually easier than multi, simply because you don't have to fight over who carries the crystal, and you have a freaking moogle with you!

My friend and I never really fight over who carries the chalice. We take turns, and when there are monsters to fight, we set it down. Plus, when you carry the chalice, your hearts get slowly restored!

In my Nintendo Power it says the more people playing, the harder the monsters/bosses are in each dungeon.

fatcatfan
03-09-2004, 06:14 PM
I started over and have been trying to keep four characters in one game up to date, so that I can use any of them later on. It's a challenge, because you keep going through same levels... fighting the same enemies... can get boring. But if you wait till later when every stage is on cycle 2 or 3, using a newb character is impossible. Another option might be to use two memory cards, and "bring a friend" who has nothing from an advanced save to a newly created game to power him up with artifacts, then send him back "home".

*b*
03-09-2004, 07:20 PM
My friend and I never really fight over who carries the chalice. We take turns, and when there are monsters to fight, we set it down. Plus, when you carry the chalice, your hearts get slowly restored!

actually, they restore on their own. they just go quicker when you've got the chalice

Rijuhn
03-10-2004, 04:12 PM
Well, I hesistantly returned the game back to Blockbuster this morning after the locksmith opened up my car (that's another story). I really started to enjoy the way the game played out and everything. It's actually kinda liberating only having to look after one character on the screen, but it's lonely aswell. :shrugs: I just don't have the money to rent the game again, so I'm just going to have to wait to beat the game.

I did preorder UT 2004 though ;) at EB Games.